4K Streaming

KWarner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
St. Louis
There are some free 4K tv shows I tried to watch, but my internet speed (18 mbps) is not fast enough.

Does anyone know if I just let it run will it eventually show up in the Rentals section fully downloaded and then I will be able to watch in 4K? Or does it not work like that?

I hope it does, otherwise it's going to be awhile before Uverse internet has faster speeds available in my area and there is no way I'm going with Charter. Those are my only 2 options right now.

Thanks!

There are some free 4K tv shows I tried to watch, but my internet speed (18 mbps) is not fast enough.

Does anyone know if I just let it run will it eventually show up in the Rentals section fully downloaded and then I will be able to watch in 4K? Or does it not work like that?

I hope it does, otherwise it's going to be awhile before Uverse internet has faster speeds available in my area and there is no way I'm going with Charter. Those are my only 2 options right now.

Thanks!
What's wrong with Charter? I have their 120/5 Mbps service and lately I have been running 150 Mbps down when I do speed test. They must be increasing their down speed but not the up.

I would go with CHARTER also, if you want 4K, 18 down is just not fast enough, it will always stop and buffer every so many minutes, also the faster speed is good if you have other people in your home on the net at the same time, I have 150 down and never a problem since my 2 kids are always online at the same time.

Also, get a Roku 4 if you want stuff in 4K now, a lot of shows and movies on Netflix, Amazon and Vudu are in 4K.

I appreciate your replies. Do you guys mind if I ask where you live? Here in Stl, all I hear are complaints about Charter. Has your experience been different?

I'm not unwilling, just a little reluctant based on the bad reputation.

Thanks

I appreciate your replies. Do you guys mind if I ask where you live? Here in Stl, all I hear are complaints about Charter. Has your experience been different?

Thanks
I live about 15 miles straight East of that big a-- river that skims by St Louis in Illinois. Been with Charter for about 13 or so years. Have had very little issues with their internet service. Now their DVRs was another story and is why we switched to DISH TV in 2007. I thought Uverse increased their internet speeds from 18 to 24 or some where around there. Have you checked with them lately?

Last edited:

Thanks
Charter internet is top notch. I've had it for quite a few years and it's always been great for me. The only downside is I get a called by them all the time wanting me to "upgrade" to their cable tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)