4k testing

scottk52

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2014
Wow

uploadfromtaptalk1454830278186.jpg

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

That's showing 4K @24fps which is what all the current 4K streams from Dish are doing. It takes the lowest bandwidth for 4K and produces an excellent picture. Given the huge file sizes to try to stream 4K @60fps I doubt we'll see much of it offered other than demo clips and such.

When a 4K live channel comes online with Dish it will be interesting to see what frame rate it supports.

The PQ is amazing. No Hiccup's. The future looks amazing.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Samsung UN55JS8500FXZA.

When I hooked the H3 up to it for the first time last night the Samsung did a big software update right then. I tried a few of the free 4k shows then I purchased 'We are Blood', the H3 did a hard reboot then came back and did the movie just fine. The UHD icon came on the TV! Never saw that before, also when the movie was firing up the Dolby Atmos logo played across the screen. I dont have a Atmos receiver but I wonder if the dish outputs Atmos? I was impressed, but $7.99 is way to much for regular viewing.

Where do I find the free 4K on EA Dish. I only have 2 MEG DSL so I guess it would take all night to download ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)