I plan to buy a new 4K TV, example: Samsung UN55JU6500. My DISH receiver is a 9 year old ViP622. The HDMI on the ViP622 has not worked since 2006 and I have used component cables ever since to my old plasma TV. Looking for advice such as:
- Would I be wise to replace the ViP622 'just because' a newer model receiver would be better with the modern 4K TV?
- Am I leaving something on the table with the new 4K TV by continuing with the old ViP622?
- For example, do I leave something on the table by continuing to use component cables with the new set?
- How do I explain what I want to do in a phone call with a DISH representative?
- Any other thoughts you may have on the subject.