5/19/2010 3:08am - Uplink Activity Report - 85 changes

Digiblur,

Do you think all the Western Arc HD locals presently on 129 will eventually migrate to 119 and 110?

I do not think Digiblur read your question carefully, he must have though you said "SD" !

Dish recently launched a huge satellite "Ciel2" for the sole purpose of carrying lots and lots of Western Arc HD locals on 129. They are planning to add more and more of those HD locals, because the FCC requires them to do so.

It is possible that one or two DMAs of HD Locals currently on 129 may move to 119 at some point, but certainly not all.

I understood the question correctly. I don't see the 129 HD markets moving to 119/110 until they get rid of all the SD MPEG2 QPSK only receivers. Then they will have plenty of room to move around on things.

I understood the question correctly. I don't see the 129 HD markets moving to 119/110 until they get rid of all the SD MPEG2 QPSK only receivers. Then they will have plenty of room to move around on things.

But why would they spend hundreds of millions on CIEL2 and installation of Dish 1000.2 dishes, and then move everything off 129 ?

I do not think they have enough room on 119 and 110 - even with 8PSK and MPEG4 - to put all Western HD Locals...

The questioner did say "all".

I am in DMA 153, Rochester MN. My satellite lost signal this afternoon. I am wondering if this was because of the switch. I believe I was on 110 and 129 originally, now it is searching for satellite on 119. confused??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts