5/20/2009 1:39pm - Uplink Activity Report - 217 changes

Yes

Indeed. They already have a bunch of unused HD TMPs out there.

Edit: never mind, they used most. With these 7, there are now 13 empty but mirrored HD channels

I wonder what they are considering adding, and when. Any guesses or rumors out there?

i dont understand why they put my locals up on 129 and 61.5 when we are being put on EA here. I spent a freaking Saturday adding 61.5 and changing my setup to get my locals on 61.5 and now they put them on 129 too. I am sending dish a install bill....:p

I just checked and we got 6 of the 8 we were missing (HDNET:), HDTHR, NFL, NTGEO, VS, BIO). The two that are still missing: HDNMV and UNIHD, both of which are platinum. They are listed above, but maybe had a different flag change that kept them hidden to Hawaii non-platinum subscribers or something? Is platinum even available in Hawaii? These are the only two platinum channels even available to us at this point.

We also got 9 back that are now just duplicates of 129 spot channels (TNT, ESPN, USA, SCI-FI, ESPN2, ESNWS, TLC, TRV, TWC).

The remaining issue is the 129 conus channels showing up in Hawaii guides. The premiums which show up as subscribed cause my receiver to search in vain for the conus tp's every time I turn on the unit.

It's particularly great to have HDNET back! :D

Mahalo DISH Network!

+1 from AK. :up:up

Platinum isn't listed for AK or HI as avail on the Dish site, so that might still be an issue with the new package.

:D:D:D:D:DAnyway, thanks Dish!!:D:D:D:D:D

i dont understand why they put my locals up on 129 and 61.5 when we are being put on EA here. I spent a freaking Saturday adding 61.5 and changing my setup to get my locals on 61.5 and now they put them on 129 too. I am sending dish a install bill....:p

Because there is room with the ton of spotbeams 129 has. No point letting idle bandwidth go unused. So let the installers have two options of EA and WA in the towns they can...more line of sight options...more customers.

Last week the Birmingham hd locals were uplinked on 129 (NA).

They were already up on 119 (A). Did they change transponders on 119??

They are available on 119 in the 6000 range. They are uplinked today in the 4000 range. Same transponder.

Fire_317: Schurz Communications stations, Quincy Newspapers, and Weigel stations are not in HD on Dish. This means everything except WNDU, sadly.

WSBT = Schurz WBND = Weigel (in sale to Schurz) WSJV Fox = Quincy

I counted 7 HD temp channels. I am a little skeptical that we would be receiving all we got PLUS all of the Rainbow Networks (IFC HD, AMC HD, Fuse HD, Sundance HD?) so I think at LEAST 2 or 3 of these channels will prolly go into the premium pack. I may be wrong though. Could 6 of them possibly be the new Entertainment Studios HD channels? An HD 6 Pack like that would add a lot of incentive and value to the premium pack.

I think those channels in the 53xx range are for the Dish Latino HD package. For whatever reason the HD Ultimate channels were in the 94xx range and the Essential channels in the 53xx. I think they're finally realizing this and are putting the HD Ultimate channels in the 53xx range.

HDNet Movies
MGM
Smithsonian
Universal
WFN

I'm still trying to figure out what the other 2 channels are.

Last week the Birmingham hd locals were uplinked on 129 (NA).

They were already up on 119 (A). Did they change transponders on 119??

They are available on 119 in the 6000 range. They are uplinked today in the 4000 range. Same transponder.

Nope. The 6495-6498 channels are still on 119 TP 9 Spotbeam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)