5.3 remote

anchovie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2009
socal
After the L627 software update on the 722, I have noticed a slowdown in this remote. Slow defined as when the guide button is depressed, can blink my eye and when opened the guide appears. Blink eye again if cancel is depressed and the live tv view re appears. New batteries do not alter the speed, which is the main difference in the pre and post software world. Is the symptom of a dying hardware?

The day that my 722 got L627, my remotes were taking several seconds to respond. It went away within hours, and are normal now. It may help to do a hard reboot to see if it helps.

My 722 will stop responing to the DISH remote both IR & UHF since the so called "upgrade" to L627. The really weird thing is my Harmony remote still works.

The day that my 722 got L627, my remotes were taking several seconds to respond. It went away within hours, and are normal now. It may help to do a hard reboot to see if it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. Performed both hard reboot and power re set, but neither returned the remote to its pre L627 snapiness.

My 722 will stop responing to the DISH remote both IR & UHF since the so called "upgrade" to L627. The really weird thing is my Harmony remote still works.

I am glad my remote responds, slow, but it responds. Having a Harmony work and the DISH remote not working, is aggravating.

I found the IR response to be slow even before L627. I sometimes end up pressing the button again because it is so slow, thinking it just didn't see the command. That has undesirable actions. The RF was always slightly slower. I have a DLP so no IR flood from an LCD.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)