5/6/2009 1:38pm - Uplink Activity Report - 115 changes

Fuel = a lock for Speed HD and FX HD.

Now everyone can start whining that we don't have Fuel HD. ;) Actually, I'm surprised that since Fuel-HD actually exists, they didn't just put it in Platinum and skip the SD version. After all, they've been putting NON HD channels like BET-J in there.

Maybe this was the hold up. I bet that's exactly what Charlie wanted to do and Fox said no way.

Weird.. how the hell did I get three uplinks. Time to look back at some code as I did make some major changes this week to support some new features.

I see only one. Did you delete the others already?

Yea, he merged I think

Fixed. Forgot to clear out a variable on the recipient email address field on the text message notification and email notification section of the report, the board was getting all three reports ;)

And yep, I killed the other threads already.

What's on 269? Shopping channel?

That's a PI channel that's always been there (I think). Seems like they've been moving the religious PI channels and moving them down to the regular religious section.

EDIT- Yup...9408 is STARF..."Starfish Television Network"

OK, now that the new HD is turned on for AK and HI, how do I get to see it? I have a 6' dish on 129, great signal strength on the spots, ran a check switch and downloaded the program guide, but the only channels that show up are HBO-W (chan 5545) and MAX-W (chan 5565).

Any ideas? Probably have to call CS and see if they even know they've been turned on.

You're probably going to get the "Huh?!" As they usually don't know about the things in the system until the next morning.

Fuel = a lock for Speed HD and FX HD.

Now everyone can start whining that we don't have Fuel HD. ;) Actually, I'm surprised that since Fuel-HD actually exists, they didn't just put it in Platinum and skip the SD version. After all, they've been putting NON HD channels like BET-J in there.

Maybe this was the hold up. I bet that's exactly what Charlie wanted to do and Fox said no way.
I don't think I have ever seen any HD on Fuel. Plus the channel reminds me of going to Island's restaurant.

For those interested in the Ft. Smith Arkansas local network HD, the list only shows three networks but there are four available...

KFTA
KNWA
KFSM
KHBS

Ooops, my bad, I see they have a NBC station listed for Rogers Arkansas, KNWA.

I don't think I have ever seen any HD on Fuel. Plus the channel reminds me of going to Island's restaurant.

I've never seen the channel at all, isn't it all skateboarding and stuff like that? I don't know what Islands Restaurant is either.

But anyway, there IS theoretically a Fuel HD. As opposed to BET-J & WFN (and possibly Logo if you listen to the rumors), which were added to Platinum HD even though no HD feed existed.

For those interested in the Ft. Smith Arkansas local network HD, the list only shows three networks but there are four available...

KFTA
KNWA
KFSM
KHBS

Ooops, my bad, I see they have a NBC station listed for Rogers Arkansas, KNWA.

Yep, it goes by the licensed broadcast city.

News on AK and HI HD

OK, here's the story from Dish Network on AK and HI channels. They won't be released to the public until the 8th of May! This after contacting CS and then Tech Support. Actually talked to someone in Phoenix about it. He said they just had training on it earlier this week. Also said Dish is coming out with a new single dish solution for AK that picks up 110, 119, and 129. Should beat the heck out of the three dishes we have to use now.

OK, now that the new HD is turned on for AK and HI, how do I get to see it? I have a 6' dish on 129, great signal strength on the spots, ran a check switch and downloaded the program guide, but the only channels that show up are HBO-W (chan 5545) and MAX-W (chan 5565).

Any ideas? Probably have to call CS and see if they even know they've been turned on.

Same here and those are ones we already have using our six foot dishes. Interesting that those are also the only premiums in the group, must have a different setting. Hopefully they'll activate them before Friday, but that's the official day.

I came home for lunch and don't have time to call CS about this, maybe tonight.

OK, here's the story from Dish Network on AK and HI channels. They won't be released to the public until the 8th of May! This after contacting CS and then Tech Support. Actually talked to someone in Phoenix about it. He said they just had training on it earlier this week. Also said Dish is coming out with a new single dish solution for AK that picks up 110, 119, and 129. Should beat the heck out of the three dishes we have to use now.

Thanks Red.

The installer I use in Anchorage should have one of those dishes in and was going to test it before he leaves for Team Summit. Haven't heard from him yet.

I've never seen the channel at all, isn't it all skateboarding and stuff like that? I don't know what Islands Restaurant is either.
Skating, surfing, ex. Alternative sports basically. Pretty much a station that few people would watch (some would say a waste of bandwidth).

I am an avid advanced snow skier. I have a season pass to a ski resort here in SoCAL, skied Brek, Keystone, Copper, and Vail in CO. Skied Mammoth, Mountain High (where I have my season pass), Bear, Snow Summit, Snow Valley, and many Tahoe resorts here in CA. I ski twice a week for over 6 months of the year, but I find it boring to watch skiing on TV. The demographics that are into the type of sports shown on Fuel probably don't watch too much TV to begin with.

Islands Restaurant
is located only in the SW states (CA, AZ, CO, and NV). The TVs in the bar basically play programs similar to what you will see on Fuel.

I've already said that in the rumor thread.

Team Summit starts tomorrow, the channels could be turned on Thursday, Friday, or even announced tomorrow and turned on next Wednesday.

The big event where they announce things is Friday. There are a few things scheduled for Friday. In addition a number of folks at the uplink told me Friday for those channels as well.

Still a rumor, but I have heard this rumor from so many people that WORK FOR Dish Network, I tend to believe it. Although with that said II remember Charlie saying the Viacom channels would be on before April 1st and that didn't happen, so with that said ANYTHING can happen at Dish Network and normally does. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts