5/6/2009 1:38pm - Uplink Activity Report - 115 changes

The big event where they announce things is Friday. There are a few things scheduled for Friday. In addition a number of folks at the uplink told me Friday for those channels as well.

Still a rumor, but I have heard this rumor from so many people that WORK FOR Dish Network, I tend to believe it. Although with that said II remember Charlie saying the Viacom channels would be on before April 1st and that didn't happen, so with that said ANYTHING can happen at Dish Network and normally does. :D

Scott, find out from them why they can't add LOGO??!!

They have no control over what channels they carry thats done by the programming folks.

However with that said I seem to remember seeing LOGO on one of the monitors at the uplink. ;)

What's up with that? Not that I care about the channel, but it seems weird. Is it really only in MPEG4 on 61.5? It seems strange since it's not in MPEG2 on 119 or 110.

It's a Public Interest channel that helps satisfy the Public Interest requirements on 129 and 61.5.

All Eastern Arc channels are MPEG4, so what is so unusual about that ?

It is currently viewable at channel 9408.

Skating, surfing, ex. Alternative sports basically. Pretty much a station that few people would watch (some would say a waste of bandwidth).

I am an avid advanced snow skier. I have a season pass to a ski resort here in SoCAL, skied Brek, Keystone, Copper, and Vail in CO. Skied Mammoth, Mountain High (where I have my season pass), Bear, Snow Summit, Snow Valley, and many Tahoe resorts here in CA. I ski twice a week for over 6 months of the year, but I find it boring to watch skiing on TV. The demographics that are into the type of sports shown on Fuel probably don't watch too much TV to begin with.

Islands Restaurant
is located only in the SW states (CA, AZ, CO, and NV). The TVs in the bar basically play programs similar to what you will see on Fuel.

Reads a little like the defunct Rush HD from the old Voom suite. That was one of my favorite channels. I wouldn't mind checking Fuel HD out.

Reads a little like the defunct Rush HD from the old Voom suite. That was one of my favorite channels. I wouldn't mind checking Fuel HD out.
If it is thrown in with the other rumored channels, you would have more happy Dish subs. If it is the only channel you get, you would get the same WFN reactions with people posting over and over about how they are going to leave Dish and why Charlie should be fired.

I live in an area where I get Rockford and Madison on cable, now Rockford is available on Dish in HD, dammit how long is it gonna take to get both just like cable!

I live in an area where I get Rockford and Madison on cable, now Rockford is available on Dish in HD, dammit how long is it gonna take to get both just like cable!

If you live in WI but are in the Rockford DMA or live in IL but are in the Madison DMA, you may be allowed to get the other if split-market stuff goes through.

Today's uplink report is interesting for E* customers in the Wichita Falls, TX - Lawton, OK viewing market. The market's ABC affiliate, KSWO channel 7 in Lawton was uplinked to Ciel II. Now all four channels for this viewing market uplinked on that satellite. When/if those channels are made available then the 2nd dish I have on my roof pointed at E*12 61.5° will be unnecessary.

I'm probably going to replace the roof on my house sometime this summer. If this market's HD locals are all available from 129° then I'll just remove that 2nd dish and perhaps see about selling it to someone if possible.

It's a Public Interest channel that helps satisfy the Public Interest requirements on 129 and 61.5.

All Eastern Arc channels are MPEG4, so what is so unusual about that ?

It is currently viewable at channel 9408.

Well, I was originally thinking that it should be in MPEG2 on 61.5 so that people without Eastern Arc setups could see it. Yes, I wasn't thinking straight -- I forgot that there wouldn't be any reason for anyone without an MPEG4 receiver to be using 61.5 whether they have EA or not. But, now that begs the question of whether there's any reason it shouldn't be changed to MPEG4 on 129 too to save space -- is there any reason for people without HD receivers to be using 129?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)