5 LNB Coordinates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jman

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Where can I locate the proper aiming coordinates for a new 5 LNB dish for my location - zip 95689.

We are under construction at new house up in the mountains - trying to get everything installed while walls are open - scheduled an install under the movers program. Installer was supposed to bring monitor with him as I told them we would not have any T.Vs available etc.

Anyway installer showed up today - claimed there was probably line of site issue with any satellite let alone a 5 LNB. I explained to him we put our RV on the site numerous times and I showed him locations on the property where the Dual LNB dish has no problem with signal. I realize the 5 LNB is going to need a bit more line of site but for him to just pop off there there would be signal problems without even really attempting anything was a concern. Of course he did not bring a monitor to even try. Nor did I see him out with a compass etc.

So bottom line - we discussed a location where I put my dual LNB and all of a sudden he "thinks" it will work if I drop a couple of trees. These are 80-90 Foot pine trees so no small task. So I'm after the coordinates azimuth, elevation, tilt etc for a 5 LNB. I have a handy dandy "periscope" deal that I use when deep woods camping that is designed to help point a dish in the forest. Before I go and drop these trees I first want to survey the site and see if there is any other openings that may work or if I do drop these trees if that will open things up.

Thanks

charper1 said:
A periscope to find dish aiming? That is a new one.

I assume you have a typical $10 heading compass? Just find 135 deg according to dishfreak and and use a inclinometer or Level / Angle Locator. I find all this at wal-mart or home depot but you can get them here too.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Install/Compass.htm

A periscope to find dish aiming? That is a new one.

standard equipment at the HSPs now, it is mounted in the vans:D

sorry, couldnt resist;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)