5 LNB pole alternative

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jdc20006

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
2" aluminum poles are hard to find, around here anyways. So here is what I did...... 6 Foot Schedule80 2" PVC pipe sunk 30 inches in the ground with concrete. 2" to 1.25 adapter on top with an added 1.25 inch coupler (Make sure you get the coupler flush with the adapter. The slimline backing fits nicely on the coupler. Peak dish and tightened it down. I haven't had any problems with it what so ever and spent 5 bucks........Comments anyone?

2" aluminum poles are hard to find, around here anyways. So here is what I did...... 6 Foot Schedule80 2" PVC pipe sunk 30 inches in the ground with concrete. 2" to 1.25 adapter on top with an added 1.25 inch coupler (Make sure you get the coupler flush with the adapter. The slimline backing fits nicely on the coupler. Peak dish and tightened it down. I haven't had any problems with it what so ever and spent 5 bucks........Comments anyone?

If you had a 2" pipe, what was the adaptor for ?

The mast is 2"

Jimbo

2" PVC has an outside diameter larger than 2", Its the inside diameter that is 2".

Good point!

People you need to be sure you know that DIA is measured in both OD and ID; and which is being listed and what you really need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)