5 LNB Slimline Install Trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

capric621@yahoo.com

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I finally got my slimline 5 LNB in the mail and I have spent all dreaded day putting it up. I was just about to give up when magically the 110 got a 95 signal, this motivated me for a little. So I moved it around until i had it peaked. Then I tried to get the 101 to come in by just moving it slightly and nothing I can't get above 0, please anyone else have this problem.

P.S. The mast is plum

I finally got my slimline 5 LNB in the mail and I have spent all dreaded day putting it up. I was just about to give up when magically the 110 got a 95 signal, this motivated me for a little. So I moved it around until i had it peaked. Then I tried to get the 101 to come in by just moving it slightly and nothing I can't get above 0, please anyone else have this problem.

P.S. The mast is plum

Seeing your plumb, did you set your elevation and tilt ahead of time ?
You need to (or should) peak the 101 first and then the rest will fall into place.
Is there possibly anything blocking your view to the southern sky ?
The dish doesn't point as you would think, it points a bit higher than it looks.

If your elevation and tilt are set ahead of time correctly, turning it slowly in very small increments should do the trick.
Personally, I take a small TV and the rec. outside to where I'm setting it up and go from there.

Q. Why did you not just let D* set it up, it's FREE ???

Jimbo

Thanks, for the response Jimbo, but I GOT IT! After doing some reading I realized that if I locked onto the 110 that the 101 is about 7 to 10 degrees off. So I was moving it to the left and getting a headache, finally I tried going to the right and presto. So if anyone else has this problem don't give up and move to the right if your on the east coast!!!

Thanks, for the response Jimbo, but I GOT IT! After doing some reading I realized that if I locked onto the 110 that the 101 is about 7 to 10 degrees off. So I was moving it to the left and getting a headache, finally I tried going to the right and presto. So if anyone else has this problem don't give up and move to the right if your on the east coast!!!

It's kinda like giving birth, don't ya tink!

Think nine degrees. From the 101 .+9 =110..+9 = 119. moving east to west. But just when you get the ideal that they are like books on a shelf nine degrees apart the 99 & 103 appear on either side of the 101. Rocket scientists...can't live with them and can't live without them.

Keep yer mast plumb!

Joe

AFTERTHOUGHT= On the east coast the dishes point SW but in DENVER the point S. You can use this to navigate strange cities. (Not that there is anything strange about Denver.) Anybody have the line for CA?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)