5 things I ***LIKE*** about the DISH VIP 922

The extra 48 bucks a year is worth it too you when you can use a Sling Adapter on the 722K for free? Plus the 722K is more stable.

More stable??? I've had my 922 for a few months now and it's always been fast, reliable and stable. They may have had "bugs" in the beginning, but I haven't had any problems with mine. BTW. I gladly pay the extra 4 bucks. This receiver is light years ahead of the 622 it replaced. The beautiful user interface is almost worth the extra $ alone.

I read on here a lot that people think the 922 is buggy an unreliable and they don't recommend it. I don't think any of those people actually have one. I love my 922. I've had one for two years. The only downfall for me are the extra fees, greedy if you ask me.

I just got my 922 this week, trading in one of my 622s. I was surprised at how much better the picture quality is on my 67" LED DLP with the 922. Almost looks like full HD instead of HD lite.

The graphics improvement is tempting, but the extra cost is not.

Mostly, I have two reliable ViP722s and don't want to tempt fate.

I've been away and using RA and DO. For the first time I had my recordings go missing via the Remote Access and Dish Online, something that has been reported by others many times. It was no big deal personally, although I did wondered if I would have my stuff on the DVR when I returned, thankfully I did.
This experiment Dish and Sling has been running for a while now has become a little boring. One would think after a relatively lengthly period of time either they would have figured it out or.....moved on. Clearly the Online/Remote Access has not come to fruition. The bugs, errors, having to login/logon have worm me down a bit. I really like it when it works but it has become tiresome.......are you hearing this Dish!

I just got my 922 this week, trading in one of my 622s. I was surprised at how much better the picture quality is on my 67" LED DLP with the 922. Almost looks like full HD instead of HD lite.

I replaced a 622 with a 922 as well. I also noticed an improvement in picture quality. ( 47" Hitachi Ultravision) I think the 922 is great!

Does 922 still shut down every day?

Fox Soccer Plus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)