5 Things That I Would Like The WWE To Do

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
1) Let the wrestlers cut their own promos. The promos they do now sound scripted. I want to see the personality come out of these guys. Tell them what they need to talk about and let them do it on their own. Ric Flair, Blackjack Mulligan, and Roddy Piper didn't need anyone telling them what to say and they were entertaining as hell.

2) Have more title changes at house shows. This will boost house show attendance. This is how WWE makes it's money. They did it a few months back with The Miz and Morrison. People don't realkly attend because they know there won't be anything monumental happening. Peak their interest.

3) Reduce the number of PPV's. There are just too many of them. They lose importance. Not to mention, they get too expensive. I use to look forward to pay-per-views because they didn't come around that much and when they happened, they were stacked. All they really need is four at the most. Royal Rumble, Summerslam, The Great American Bash ( this need to more important) and Wreslemania.

4) Give more importance to Managers and Valets. They add a sense of excitement that is sorely missing these days.

5) Create a 4 Horesemen type stable. Legacy is fine but we need a stable like the before mentioned and NWO. Imagine Triple H, Chris Jericho, Batista, and Randy Orton together managed by Ric Flair. That would be cool.

I agree with the Pay per view thing. It seems like every three weeks there is a new pay per view coming out. They also should have a wwe version of the NFL sunday ticket, except you get every payper view from january to january.

Few notes and suggestions:

1) Sounds like the problem is more with the writers. Doesn't mean that we should then put all promo work with the Wrestlers. For every Ric Flair and Stone Cold, there are 2 or 3 Steve Blackman, Ken Shamrock, or Ultimate Warrior. Just fix up the writing crew and I think this would be resolved.

2) The problem with this is that then it can detract from TV ratings and also less people get to see them. I agree that the increased possibility of a title change at a house show would draw some more people, but you know this won't be used for any high profile events (You won't turn on RAW and see a new World Champion from a house show.)

3) Fully agree, but would keep it to the Original 4: Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, & Survivor's Series (Original 4 v 4 style matches ONLY)

4) Agree

Here's some other suggestions I have:

1) Bring back tag teams!: Stop just pairing singles superstars. I want to see stars that only appear in Tag Team roles and have a name. We don't have any LoD's, Demolition, Hart Foundations, etc anymore. It also diminishes the title's significance, which leads me to:

2) Make the IC/USA/Tag belts relevant again!: I don't follow wrestling nearly as closely as I did back in the 90's, but nowadays I watch it and often I'll just see a new superstar with a title strapped around their belt. IC and USA titles used to mean something, and quite often their title defenses at PPVs would be the best matches of the night. I REALLY hate it when these titles are dropped in short matches, like Mysterio v Bradshaw at WM25. Title holders hardly even REFERENCE the fact that they're champions. I know that the writing style has changed from the 80's/90's to today, but you always KNEW who the champions were because the holders would boast it constantly. Make us care again! Build some stronger storylines around these titles.

Few notes and suggestions:

1) Sounds like the problem is more with the writers. Doesn't mean that we should then put all promo work with the Wrestlers. For every Ric Flair and Stone Cold, there are 2 or 3 Steve Blackman, Ken Shamrock, or Ultimate Warrior. Just fix up the writing crew and I think this would be resolved.

2) The problem with this is that then it can detract from TV ratings and also less people get to see them. I agree that the increased possibility of a title change at a house show would draw some more people, but you know this won't be used for any high profile events (You won't turn on RAW and see a new World Champion from a house show.)

3) Fully agree, but would keep it to the Original 4: Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, & Survivor's Series (Original 4 v 4 style matches ONLY)

4) Agree

Here's some other suggestions I have:

1) Bring back tag teams!: Stop just pairing singles superstars. I want to see stars that only appear in Tag Team roles and have a name. We don't have any LoD's, Demolition, Hart Foundations, etc anymore. It also diminishes the title's significance, which leads me to:

2) Make the IC/USA/Tag belts relevant again!: I don't follow wrestling nearly as closely as I did back in the 90's, but nowadays I watch it and often I'll just see a new superstar with a title strapped around their belt. IC and USA titles used to mean something, and quite often their title defenses at PPVs would be the best matches of the night. I REALLY hate it when these titles are dropped in short matches, like Mysterio v Bradshaw at WM25. Title holders hardly even REFERENCE the fact that they're champions. I know that the writing style has changed from the 80's/90's to today, but you always KNEW who the champions were because the holders would boast it constantly. Make us care again! Build some stronger storylines around these titles.

I actually think having title changes at house shows could help ratings. People would turn in to see if any title have changed hands in the past week. When I was young and I watched Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, I would get excited when they would say" We have a new US Champion" at the beginning of the show. I am not saying it should happen often, but people would go more if they thought they could see a title swap hands.

I also thought of another idea. Don't have the world titles change hands so often.It would make the title more prestigious and when a change happen it would really mean something big. Right now, titles change hand every two months it seems. What we need is a dominant champion. Or at least one that always manages to hold on to the title by hook or by crook.

I do agree with you about the IC, US and Tag Team titles. It is like they are nonexistant anymore. I am seeing signs of that changing but it is not quick enough.

With all the pay-per views how can they have a long running storyline? Plus I dont think the casual fan can stay tuned for more than a couple weeks watching a storyline.

I've been a wrestling fan for 30 years now and I remember the old school way...Have them build up the feud to a big show then have the blow off of that feud. Make it 4 months, not 3 weeks.

If you are going to have the brand extension, then have them STAY on their show. Dont let people cross to the other show. Thats how they got to 2 heavyweight champs, 2 tag team champs, the IC champ, US champ, womens champ, "divas" champ...yet they seem to be interchangeable.

tag teams....sure bring them back. There is a wrestling program I watch called NWA Anarchy (formerly NWA Wildside) and they have tag teams (and a lot of them)...guys who very rarely wrestle singles matches. Bring back the tag team

stables...hell yeah bring them back. Using Anarchy as a example, they have the NWA Elite (3 guys), The Devils Rejects(3 to 4), the Entourage(4 guys), the "Rowdy Friends" (4 guys)

managers....maybe. Men managers, not valets. Jeff G Bailey is one of the best now-a-days...not many like him. He is the mouthpiece for his stable
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eDC20oJXdQ]YouTube - NWA Anarchy - Jeff G. Bailey cuts a promo on Mikal Judas[/ame]

promos....sure some folks force their promo's but honestly how many folks do you think can come up with a decent promo without it being written for them?

Here are some classic promos from guys who know how to cut one

Al Snow (with Unabomb aka kane) in Smokey Mountain Wreslting
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INxiKnIu7jM]YouTube - Al Snow promo[/ame]

Cactus Jack
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-lJTvgaZME]YouTube - Cactus Jack - Promo {Cane Dewey}[/ame]

There really needs to be fewer PPV's. It is getting ridiculous. Don't they see that people are getting tired of the same main events being recycled with each PPV. Fewer PPV's would keep things fresh and would make matchups mean more. I fear though that it may be too late. Wrestling is quickly becoming stale. There are no real breakout superstars coming up that I can see. Sure there are talented guys, but ther are no Stone Cold's or The Rock's coming anytime soon. The ones that have promise, screw things up by drugs and other troubles. The storylines are written by Hollywood type writers and lack little emotion. It is hard to get invested in a storyline because they don't feel real. I barely watch anymore. The guest host thing on Raw is a joke. I know they want ratings and in this world this is what works, but once you get people watching you have to be able to keep them and that is not happening in my opinion.

That Al Snow interview was great. I was actually with Al Snow when he found "Head" in New Britain.

Reports online was that he found head in a dumpster behind the Sports Palace in New Britain, CT before a ECW show, but in reality he was supposed to wrestle in a tag team match and whoever he was supposed to wrestle with didnt show so they flipped the match to a singles match, in the back on the stage in a milk crate was this head sticking out, Al said he just found his new tag team partner joking around with the boys in the back. No one knew he was serious about bringing it to the ring with him, but he did, and Al Snow and Head was born.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)