50% off select Universal titles at Amazon

It's not as good as a BOGO free, but it's definitely not bad.

Save 50% on HD DVDs

Thanks for the pointer. I don't understand why you say this is a worse deal. 50% off is the same final price as BOGO, except that you can buy an odd number of discs, and BOGOs usually give you the lower priced one free, so it often comes out to less than 50% savings.

Only way it is worse, is that it is starting from full retail; so 2 movies would cost $30; whereas the other day I got 2 for $25. But considering that I have free shipping and no tax from amazon, it is a good deal, for sure!

Thanks for posting it!

:D

Thanks for the pointer. I don't understand why you say this is a worse deal. 50% off is the same final price as BOGO, except that you can buy an odd number of discs, and BOGOs usually give you the lower priced one free, so it often comes out to less than 50% savings.

Nope... BOGO free means two MSRP $24.99 titles which are normally $19.99 at Amazon are $19.99 for two titles. 50% off is 50% off MSRP which means two MSRP $24.99 titles are $24.99 for two titles. This is why the BOGO free is such a great deal. $10 each for new, unopened movies? You can't even buy SD DVD's that cheap at retail unless it's a $5 clearance sale.

Paramount titles have been added to sale.

I am tempted to get for $97.49
Star Trek The Original Series - The Complete First Season (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD)

Nope... BOGO free means two MSRP $24.99 titles which are normally $19.99 at Amazon are $19.99 for two titles.
Ah, but if you buy a $25 title and a $19 title, you end up paying $12.50 for the $19 title that would otherwise be $9.50. As pointed out, the BOGO deals always charge the price of the most expensive item.

Can you tell me again witch is better BOGO or 50% off :rolleyes:
Are you a good witch or a bad witch? Which?

If the prices are 50% off, BOGO can go as low as 50% off retail (but it could be more).

Here's an example:

Item 1 $28
Item 2 $20
Item 3 $16
Item 4 $12

Under a BOGO scenario, you could pay as much as $48 or as little as $44 depending on the store policy (most stores will charge for the two most expensive). Under a 50% off scenario, the price will be $38.

It looks like they've added more titles to this. Yesterday there were only 4 pages worth, today there are 6.

Yup. It looks like they have now added Paramount titles as well as the Universal titles. I have been waiting for a good price on Sardust in HD DVD, and just picked it up for $20....not as good as BOGO, but still low enough to increase my HD DVD library and show my support the studios that are sticking with HD DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)