500 Install Help Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IchabodBC

Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Bay City, TX
Here is the layout

1 Dish 500 with two coaxial cables coming out of the dish.

1 Coax Cable into room 1 with a 211 Hooked up to it

1 Coax Cable into room 2 with a 212 Hooked up to it

I can get a good signal strength of 82 on the 211 but only around 65 on the 212

The 212 shows only HD while the 211 shows all other channels.

What is wrong with my setup?

I would like to have all HD and normal programming on both receivers in both rooms.

2 coaxial cables are run from the dish to each wall plate in the different rooms (4 total coaxial cables) (2 on one individual wallplate in each room) Only one for each receiver is being used though.

Here is the layout
1 Dish 500 with two coaxial cables coming out of the dish.

1 Coax Cable into room 1 with a 211 Hooked up to it

1 Coax Cable into room 2 with a 212 Hooked up to it

I can get a good signal strength of 82 on the 211 but only around 65 on the 212

The 212 shows only HD while the 211 shows all other channels.

What is wrong with my setup?

I would like to have all HD and normal programming on both receivers in both rooms.

2 coaxial cables are run from the dish to each wall plate in the different rooms (4 total coaxial cables) (2 on one individual wallplate in each room) Only one for each receiver is being used though.

First of all welcome to Satellite Guys.

:welcome

Now as to your problem. I believe we need some additional information. Are you sure you have a D500 and not a D1000? The D1000 receives 3 orbital positions: 110/119/129. A D500 with DPP Twin only receives 2 orbitals: 110/119. All national HD is on 110 and 129 currently. A normal HD install would be for all three orbital positions with a D1000. Have you tried pulling the plug on the receiver getting only HD, waiting a couple of minutes, and then plugging it back in? That's a hard reset and sometimes solves all problems. Have you also performed a switch test: Menu 6 1 1 CHECK SWITCH. See if you get all the orbital positions after that. Menu 6 1 3 will take you to the Info Screen where all the orbitals you are actually receiving will be shown. If you are showing all the correct satellites you should be receiving, contact Dish Network, denoted here on the boards as E*, and ask them to rehit/reauthorize your receiver so that you can receive the missing programming. Feel free to ask any other questions or provide additional info as to your problem. There are always people around to help.

One important detail I left out is that the 212 shows only HD channels with no local channels or any non-hd channels while the 211 shows NO HD and only local programming and all other non-HD channels.

Can I use a diplexer to take the 110 & 119 signal and form it into one, then split that signal into two separate signals (four total) where they enter the house to form 4 coax connections, two for each room?

Can I use a diplexer to take the 110 & 119 signal and form it into one, then split that signal into two separate signals (four total) where they enter the house to form 4 coax connections, two for each room?

No. Diplexors are used to combine OTA or cable signals along with a sat signal. They are used in pairs. Switches allow signals from separate orbital positions to be combined onto one cable. If you are using DPP LNBs like the DPP Twin, they have bulit in switches so that each cable running from the LNB carries the signals for all satellites. Are you using a DPP Twin? Do you have another D500 that is looking at a third satellite? You may be using a legacy LNB on the D500 and that may be causing your problems. What is stamped/printed on the Dish 500 LNB? Once again, you cannot receive all available HD with a single Dish 500. What shows on the Info Screen (Menu 6 1 3) for satellites being received for each receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)