501 deleting recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thowe21

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Torrance, CA
Just in the past few weeks my 501 has been automatically deleting some recorded programs. I e-mailed tech support and got the following:

Thank you for your e-mail. We are aware of the issue with this receiver. Our engineers are working on the problem. It will be corrected in a software update. Your contribution of information would help us figure out the issue.

So I guess I have to protect all my recordings and hope this does the trick until the update comes around.

I have a customer and a friend of mine report the same thing..........I hope they fix it soon if it is in deed a software problem..............my question is why all of a sudden unless the last software update broke it.

My brother just went through this with his 622. After claiming it too was a software issue, they finally agreed to replace it. The replacement is working fine so far.

P3.65

I have a customer and a friend of mine report the same thing..........I hope they fix it soon if it is in deed a software problem..............my question is why all of a sudden unless the last software update broke it.

You can read a little about it here.

The rumor is that Dish had to change the underlying code of the 5xx series because of the lawsuit by tivo and that is why there have been so many issues.......but who really knows (except dish.)

I upgraded to a 625 via DVR advantage as I was told it would be months before a patch would be available that would fix all the issues software revision 3.65 brought to the party.

P3.66 is out but it only seems to be slated to fix daylight savings time. I hear P3.67 is being spooled partial phase......who know what that breaks.

P.s I am afraid that protecting your recordings will be futile. It (The software virus....er....I mean upgrade) especially likes the taste of those!

My wife just called me to ask me if I had deleted a bunch of recorded shows. Apparently my 501 gobbled up about 30 recordings. Way to go Dish! I've been on Dish for nearly 10 years, but things like this and losing my distants are making it harder to remain a loyal customer. I am considering FIOS TV more and more as the day goes by...

According to Scott, the new software update will be Thursday. Hope this does the trick.

Not sure what 'trick' the update was supposed to perform but today I'm missing about another 15-20 recordings. Nice job Dish....

Keep an eye on your recordings folks.

I haven't seen any new deletions with 3.68, but then I haven't usually had to check whether or not recording are being deleted. BTW, "protected" recording were not immune from this, lost about 20 - 30 protected recordings while on 3.65.

I haven't seen any new deletions with 3.68, but then I haven't usually had to check whether or not recording are being deleted. BTW, "protected" recording were not immune from this, lost about 20 - 30 protected recordings while on 3.65.

I haven't noticed any new deletions with 3.68, of course 3.65 completely cleaned my drive out, so 3.68 has nothing to delete :(

My 510 in the bedroom removed all but about 7 of 63 recordings I had. Most of them were my wifes cooking shows. Oh well. I had timers that would not fire until I cleared them out and then put them back. I haven't noticed any new problems with my 625.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)