501 Hard Re-boot (how to)

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
My 501 lost the ability to find sats and when I do a switch check it finds nothing....have hooked it to my 6000's input and still nothing. It will play stuff that is recorded on it. I did a power button reboot and pulled the card, How do you do a hard re boot? (have never had problems with this unit)

First turn off rcvr and remove the power cord then the satellite in feed. Plug power cord back in and sat cable back on. (this is suppose to clear the memory of the switch set-up) then run the check switch. Good luck.

grunt said:
First turn off rcvr and remove the power cord then the satellite in feed. Plug power cord back in and sat cable back on. (this is suppose to clear the memory of the switch set-up) then run the check switch. Good luck.
Did that sort of, took the 501 with me camping thought my dish 500 had suffered a lightning strike my last trip up. Could not locate Sat so I figured a hit from lightning hooked back up where it belongs, no sats...hooked up to 6000's coax no sats. (Was working fine before and did not suffer any hard bumps etc...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)