501 Loss of video and audio

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
I've been having a problem with my 501 for the last few weeks. About once a week, I will get no video and audio. You can see the guide and change channels, it will even display the channel number on top but no video and no audio. I could be watching a program and change channels and bam this happens.

I have a DP Quad (119,110) with a DP Dual (148) going into a DP34 and into a DP21. The 501 comes off the DP21 and 4 311s from the DP34. This doesn't happen with the 311s. Running a check switch doesn't fix the problem, so I don't think there is a problem with the setup.

I'm pretty sure it's a receiver problem or a software problem with the 501. Rebooting the receiver takes care of the problem.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? This started with 3.02.

Try this, take your remote, press menue 6, 1, and 3, now turn the reciever off by the front panel power button and let it sit for 15 mins and then turn it back on, you should see the transponder check and then it may download a epg update, what this procedure will have done is forced your reciever to download a software update and also update the epg. Make sure you turn your reciever off when its not in use so that it can download any software updates and the epg will download more easily to wich is most likely your problem.

We always turn the receiver off at night though and the receiver has the latest software which is 3.02 for the 5xx receivers. But I'll give that a try anyways. It usually happens once a week.

Thanks Van.

Actually I've noticed this problem lately also( on a 508). Maybe started when 3.01?

Its seems worse when signal strength is low or going out.

It happens to me once a week but I don't have a problem with signal strength. Here are my readings:

Sat Tran. S.S.
119 11 109
119 12 109
110 12 99
110 11 101
148 11 102
148 12 85

I just moved the 501 to the DP34 and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts