501 Password Bug

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Excuse me if this is known, I've never seen it posted before:

Listen up, Dish, there's a bug in the password screen on the 501. If you put your password in then backup to the previous cell where you entered a digit, the number is displayed. So if I was to put in the first 3 digits and backup, those digits are revealed as I move over them and anyone sitting there watching my TV as I am doing this would then know the first 3 digits of my password and could then easily figure out the rest of the password by trial and error and gain access to my system. :shocked

I think they have to many other big bugs to fix and do not worry about the little bugs but if I was worried about someone seeing the password I would just put in the wrong password and then it would start over again and put in the right one. If you put in the wrong password two times in a row then back out and go to another channel because if you put in the wrong password three times in a row it will lock you out for five or ten minutes if I am remembering right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts