501 Recording problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bitzy

Original poster
Sep 10, 2004
Actually, it is not a recording problem. I am on a dialup connection and I am usually online at night. My son has his 501 receiver which he sets to record about 5 minutes before a show. It is usually around 11:00 PM amd on.

He has the unit attached to my phone line. When it starts recording, the receiver grabs the telephone line and forces my modem into never-never land. In order to bring my computer back online, I have to reset and reboot it.

Does anyone have any way to work around this? Does anyone know of a program which can reset a modem without resetting the computer?

You might want to check the modem settings on the 501 - IIRC there's a check dial tone box (I could be way off about that).

And if you're running any reasonable version of Windows with a reasonable ISP, the modem should auto-reset without issue. It's possible that your modem is whacky, but more likely it's just the initialization settings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)