508 Keep Erasing Things

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AIsmail

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Stewartsville, NJ
I've got a 508 that for some reason has recently started erasing my recorded programs. Wondering if this was glitch from the latest software update. Has anyone experience something similar? It seems to be erasing something everytime it records something new. Funny thing is that there is plenty of recording time available on the unit.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like either the reading saying there's available space is wrong. How many programs and how long are each do you have ? Or, the disc is full of temp files that are taking up too much space. Have you rebooted it lately ?

Also, can you "protect" recordings on a 508 ? If so, protect *everything* and try to record something. Instead of auto-deleting, it should tell you it can't record due to a lack of disk space.

I've got a 508 that for some reason has recently started erasing my recorded programs. Wondering if this was glitch from the latest software update. Has anyone experience something similar? It seems to be erasing something everytime it records something new. Funny thing is that there is plenty of recording time available on the unit.

Thanks in advance.
I have a 501 which is essentially the same receiver. I have had no such issues.

Sounds like either the reading saying there's available space is wrong. How many programs and how long are each do you have ? Or, the disc is full of temp files that are taking up too much space. Have you rebooted it lately ?

Also, can you "protect" recordings on a 508 ? If so, protect *everything* and try to record something. Instead of auto-deleting, it should tell you it can't record due to a lack of disk space.

Thanks. I thought the amount of free space was a little high for all the stuff I had on my DVR. Now things look about right. I recorded some things today and nothing appears to have been deleted as a result. I tried the reboot and with any luck may it will all be good from here. I just hope I don't have to contact dish for a replacement. This is how things started to go on my last unit.

It probably doesn't hurt to do a full reboot maybe once a week. Just do it as you're leaving the house (to work, whatever) and it will be ready when you return.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)