508 not downloading prog info

dsurette

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Ooltewah, TN
We have a Dish 508 in our bedroom that does not download the program info automatically. Every few days when we try to access the guide it says that the info is being downloaded. It seems to take forever. I checked the setup menu and found no place to schedule automatic downloads. Is there something I can do to fix this problem or just learn to live with it? Thanks for any replies.

Guide downloads are automatic and it should all be very seamless. That being said, downloading the guide depends on being able to see the satellite with the guide information.

You should verify the signal levels on 110W and 119W.

You can call Dish and maybe they will offer you an upgrade. There are rumors of rumors that this year the 508 & similar (non-8PSK) receivers will be retired from service.

vip series like 722 are the latest greatest bestest.

sounds like you have more than one receiver?

move the 508 to the other location run switch test and see if problem goes away.

might be lNB, cable or switch issue.

but before you do that reboot receiver, pull plug wait a couple minutes.

that may fix it, and use soft eraser to clean contacts on smart card.

these may help and cant hurt

does your 508 ever turn itself off?

Which receivers are those? I searched and could not find a list.;)

I was referring to 501, 508 & 510. I believe the 522 & 625 are 8PSK capable. Any other non-ViP receiver (except for the 411) will likely not be 8PSK capable. May be an exception or two I'm unfamiliar with. 721 has already been pulled from service, as have, more or less, the 811, 921 & 942 (for other reasons).

Don't get too eager for firm word in the near future, this will move at the speed of Dish.

And I'm quite happy with Dish- just also realistic.

I was referring to 501, 508 & 510. I believe the 522 & 625 are 8PSK capable. Any other non-ViP receiver (except for the 411) will likely not be 8PSK capable. May be an exception or two I'm unfamiliar with. 721 has already been pulled from service, as have, more or less, the 811, 921 & 942 (for other reasons).

Don't get too eager for firm word in the near future, this will move at the speed of Dish.

And I'm quite happy with Dish- just also realistic.

Thank you Navychop.:)

My 508 does the same thing does not download the program info automatically. Dish i doing something with these receivers so we upgrade to a new receiver and pay DVR fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)