508 or 501

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
I'm about to order my first Dish dvr and am looking at the 501 and 508 refurbished models at dishstore.net Is the 508 worth the extra $70? I don't like the idea of not being able to upgrade the hard drive but figure if I get the 501 it will be good enough as I will just transfer the shows to dvd or my pc hard drive if I am running out of space. Just wondering which one you guys would choose.

Ok I ordered the 501. I figured I probably will fill it up but I will take most of the stuff off of it and put it on DVD so then I would have that space free again so I think the 501 would work for me. I would like to have a Replay and have friends with them and I like them but I don't want to pay the $12.95 a month and also have a seperate pvr that isn't integrated with my reciever as I would like to record at the quality it is brodcast or close to it and be able to record in Dolby Digital also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts