508 weirdness

Pete K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
I have two 508's. One is deleting timers for "new" shows at random. For instance,
I set a timer to record all new episodes of "Bones". I check to be sure the timer is set
and the "clock" icon shows in the EPG. I double check the "timers" page and see that the timer is indeed set.
A day or so later, I check again and the timer is gone. I check the
"events" to see if there is any record of it. Nothing. If i set the timer to record "weekly,"
or "Dish Pass" or "once" or for that matter any other setting, the DVR works fine.
I've tried rebooting the DVR, clearing the timers and starting over, you name it.
Anyone else seen this problem? Anyone have a clue on how to make it go away (without getting rid of the 508)?

Similar problem. Tuesday, Dish forced my 501 to take 4.07 (it was on 4.05). It erased all my timers (about 40 of them).

Some were "weekly", some were "all", most were "new".

So, I re set most of them last night around 7pm. Everything recorded last night as it should.

Then tonight around 6pm I checked and all the timers were gone.
(Almost missed the Bones season premier, as I was headed out.)

I've never had any trouble in the past. No deleted or skipped timers since the 4.0x software. And I have never had any deleted recording either, not with 4.0x no 3.6x, like many have reported.

I also noticed tonight, that "weekly" timers do not record all episodes in that time slot. The receiver skips it saying "old episode". Of course I know that, the whole point of the timer is to get the reruns from earlier seasons (like 2001-2003) that my wife missed.

This seams to be a change of the previous software.

I also see some "all" timers are skipping episodes, claiming they are old.

I nee to look through the schedule now and verify what is or isn't being recorded (hopefully the timers don't get deleted again).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)