stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
Went from 506 straight to 508 overnight. So far all seems ok, not sure what changes were made. As long as nothing is broke I'm a happy camper.

Reactions: EchostarFan
OK, thanks. Did a force update on one of my Hopper 3s and it is down loading software version U508 now. I was on U507.
Well, it didn't work. After my H3 booted up it is still on U507. Tried it again and this time says I have the latest software with U507. Will try another force update later on and if it doesn't work again, will try again in a couple of days.

Well, it didn't work. After my H3 booted up it is still on U507. Tried it again and this time says I have the latest software with U507. Will try another force update later on and if it doesn't work again, will try again in a couple of days.
Third time was the charm. Now have U508 on one of my H3s. Will do the second H3 later today.

Reactions: stardust3
I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to U508.
I have not found any issues that were fixed.
1) Playing a program on the remote Hopper3 requires that you select the episodes tab. If you select watch it will play the wrong program.
2). Alexa is still unable to discover my Hopper3 receivers on my home network even though I can successfully link my Dish account after entering the code.
3) Watching an OTA channel on my Joey2 still is pixelated unless you first tune to the OTA channel on the Hopper3.
4) Accessing content on an external drive still takes 2 attempts.

Has anyone found any differences with this latest software update?

Mine just tells me I have the latest version already (U507), no matter how many times I try to update it. :shrug:
I updated mine to U508 at 4:19 PM today. It did not help with adding a working remote code for my new 4K TV. One of the drawbacks of buying a brand new model TV I guess. I put in a request with Dish to work it into a future update.

I updated mine to U508 at 4:19 PM today. It did not help with adding a working remote code for my new 4K TV. One of the drawbacks of buying a brand new model TV I guess. I put in a request with Dish to work it into a future update.
What TV did you buy, make and model? Sometimes one of the older model codes will work just fine.

What TV did you buy, make and model? Sometimes one of the older model codes will work just fine.
It's a Sharp LC55P6000U, and I tried all 43 of the Sharp codes listed after the update. Code 30 of 43 does operate the volume, but when I press volume down it also changes zoom setting, and volume up also selects the USB port as a video file source. None of the other Sharp codes work. I just keep the TV remote handy now. It would be nice not to need to. The 21.0 IR/UHF remote for my ViP222k does work for that TV, and works with the Hopper 3, but it does not have the full functionality of the 54.0 remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts