510 and custom Schedule: Can I do this?

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Ok...just bought the 510 and want to setup this schedule- hopefully in one...but I cannot figure it out...seems that Dish expects me to build four, which sucks..

Channel xxx, Time 8pm-9pm, Weekly but only Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday.

This non-intuitive recording interface does not make that sense to me. Please help me DVR veterans...

I have a 501 but I think the interface is the same. You can only set up a weekly, daily or one-time event. So you have to set up a separate weekly timer for each day. Yes, in your case that's four separate timers. :no

Ya...508 alos has the Mon-Fri option but Mon-Fri also shall not work since I want a Sunday in there too...if I do all days then it shall record at all days and I shall have to manually delete the days when it should have not installed (or when the program does not come). Prob is what happens if I want to record some other program from some other channel for the same time on the other days!
I know IF Dish had NBR, then this would not be an issue at all..but it does not currently

Tony S said:
It isn't really that hard to set up four separate weekly timers. Why don't you want to do it that way?
Tony S is right, that is the best way for you (mallu2u) to accomplish what you are asking for. Set up a weekly timer for Mondays, another for Tuesdays, another for Wednesdays and one more for Sundays. I've done this on my 7200, 508, 721 & 921. It's easy and works well. Sure, it's not as good as NBR, but it's a good work around that will hold you over until NBR comes and works as promised. Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)