510 Hookup can this be done?

skiz77

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
I have a 322 connected to my 2nd and 3rd floor rooms with the receiver itself on floor 2.

I have a 510 in my basement that I am switching when Dish comes out in 2 weeks. Its way too cold to go down in my basement right now and way too expensive to run the electric heater down there so basically the 510 is a waste right now but I'd really like to use it until dish gets out here.

Does anyone know if I can hookup the 510 on my 3rd floor using the cable line that is currently hooked up to tuner 2 of the 322 setup?? That cable line is coming from outside but I assume it must somehow be connected to the 322 on my second floor.

That way I will have a 322 on my second floor just being used for that 2nd floor tv and a 510 in my third floor that I can play around with for two weeks.

that sux because I have no other way to get another line up here. oh well it was worth checking on.

Hi. I am new to this forum today, but I would like to add something to this discussion. It is possible to run the 322 with only one feed from the dish. The feed for the 322 has to be connected to Sat input #2. You then take a barrel connector and connect the free Dish feed to the TV2 feed. Run check switches on both the receivers. The 510 will check switch fine, but the 322 will show an error on one input. Just cancel out of the menues and wait for it to aquire. We have done this many times in people's homes that only wanted one tv and didn't want any more cables or drilling. We haven't gotten any service calls or complaints.

LM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts