510 Problem need help!

Poosh

Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
I have a 510, had it for about 9 months or so I guess. Got it when you could get it for free for 2 year commit.
Well I love the thing hadn't had any probs till a couple of weeks ago two or three times it did the thing others are complaining about on other models about the audio dropping out. but a pause and start would work, but it only happend twice no biggie. Well starting Friday my timers during the day recorded but when I went to watch them there was no sound through out the recording. on two timers that went that day. I checked the recordings on the hard drive all ok. I set a timer for a show for late fri. night and watched it sat morning and it was allright. but then again on Mon the two timers did not record sound. I tried the reboot and tried the unplug reboot to no avail. I tried recording what I was watching. the olympics and it didn't have sound either. and these are all different channels. but reg playback and pause then play all fine. I called dish they guy had me unplug again. didn't work so he said his computer didn't tell him what else to do so he had to put me on hold. He came back said his Super told him to send me a new one. and that is what they are going to do for $15 however.
But after playing with it some more and setting another timer last night and able to watch it ok this morning I did some more investigation. It seems (and I didn't try every channel) but it seems I can record fine on normal channels. But it won't record the sound on my locals. I tried both the mapped and unmapped versions and it would not record sound. I called dish again this morning and told them that and the lady was like ok thanks it will help on our research and that was it. Any ideas from you guys? any clues, anything else I should try? Has anyone even heard of this happening?
And if it helps any my locals are OKC

Thanks.
Larry

When your remanufactured receiver arrives connect it call DISH to get it authorized and see if your problem has been corrected. Return the defective receiver and hold your breath that nothing happens in your second year of the contract. Your receiver is covered by a 1 year warranty.

I had a similar problem. I cleared it up by re-running the check switch. I find that this seems to clear things that unplugging/reset does not handle.

Another like problem is that you have a bad port on your switch. You might try to move your feed to another port.

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)