510 Receiver losing satellite signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nategta

Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
I have a Dish 500 system with a standard receiver and a 510 PVR receiver. I have a Twin LNBF on the dish. We have had 8 service calls and have made about a million technical support phone calls. Nobody can fix this problem. Included in the service calls have been moving and repositioning/realigning the dish and replacing the LNBF on the dish, twice. The problem that we're having is that the 510 will sometimes lose a satellite. It will only receive either the 110 or the 119. (in the system setup it says "warning - only one satellite connected) or something. Nothing will fix this problem (ie. rebooting, resetting, removing smart card, check switch). However, if we hook the standard dish receiver up to the same cable/TV, it receives both satellites. Since we have 2 receivers, we have 2 cables coming into the house. If we switch the cable going to the 510, it will then get the other satellite. For example, right now it gets sat. 110, but not 119. If I switch the cables at the place they come into our house, the 510 will get 119 but not 110. The standard dish receiver doesnt care which cable is hooked up, it always gets both satellites. So finally, they sent me a new 510 receiver, which turned out not to be the solution as the problem is still occuring with the new receiver. The problem is not weather related either. Between me and the dish service guys, we seemed to have tried about everything, and DishNetwork won't spring for a completely new installation which is what really needs to happen. Does anyone have any idea what else this could be? This problem has been going on for about 2-3 months now and Im about to quit the dish as much as I like the PVR and programming. THANKS!!

What are you using exactly? are you using a dish twin or a switch with the 510 switching on which sat it is seeing depending on which coax input you give it then I would have to say it isn't in the 510 it is in the switch or lnb. or in home wiring.

I have a dish twin LNBF. The 510 sees only one particular satellite depending on which coax input I give it. I would say it was in the LNB or home wire as well, EXCEPT, why doesnt the standard receiver not care which coax I give it? If I give the standard receiver EITHER coax, it will still see both satellites.

If the other receivers work at the location that the 510 is at then it seems more than likely to be the receiver. Did you do a check switch on the 510?

I'm seeing the same problem

I have the exact same setup and the same results -- just managed to get Dish to send another 510. You're not alone. I don't believe it could be the wiring and the LNBF and switch were both replaced.

Good luck.

I have a 721 but I'm also having the same problem described. My 510 and 721 both lose the 119 sat or the 110 sat or sometimes both but not all transponders. I have a 6000 that works fine when those are out. It always seems to be when I come home around 5pm and usually clears up a few hours later. I'm tried restarting by pulling the smart card, pulling the power cold, just holding the power button, doing a checkswitch. I've tried just about everything. When I go the Point Dish option it will sometimes get a lock on 119 and/or 110 and a very strong one but when I switch to the channel it still says it lost the signal. I think it's gotta be something in the software. I can't figure out any other reason. I've never had this problem before.

jimmoc said:
I have a 721 but I'm also having the same problem described. My 510 and 721 both lose the 119 sat or the 110 sat or sometimes both but not all transponders. I have a 6000 that works fine when those are out. It always seems to be when I come home around 5pm and usually clears up a few hours later. I'm tried restarting by pulling the smart card, pulling the power cold, just holding the power button, doing a checkswitch. I've tried just about everything. When I go the Point Dish option it will sometimes get a lock on 119 and/or 110 and a very strong one but when I switch to the channel it still says it lost the signal. I think it's gotta be something in the software. I can't figure out any other reason. I've never had this problem before.

I have the same issue with my 721. But on 148 Sat .
The signal is strong in the point dish menu, but while watching, it loses the signal intermittently.

My 811 works fine while the signal is lost on the 721.

-Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)