52 Remote Question

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
So I never thought of asking this until now, but when I used to have Directv's Genie back in 2013, pressing the power button on the remote would turn on both the Genie and the TV at the same time. Pressing the power button again would turn both of them off.

Now, with both the 50 and 52 models of the Dish remote, pressing the power button on the top-left side does in fact turn on both the H3 and the TV simultaneously, but then when I go to press it again to turn it off, only the H3 goes off. I then need to press the second power button at the top-right of the remote in order to turn the TV off.

Is there a workaround to making the Dish remote's power button function just like the Directv remote, so that the top-left power button can be used to also turn off the TV? Or is this just Dish's idea that sometimes you want to turn off the receiver, but keep the TV on for some odd reason, therefore you have to use both power buttons to turn off each device?

Or is this just Dish's idea that sometimes you want to turn off the receiver, but keep the TV on for some odd reason

For those with multiple components (DVD/BD Players, Roku/Streaming Devices, etc) in addition to their Hopper, I would think turning off the Hopper, yet leaving the TV on for use with other components would probably be fairly common. ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
For those with multiple components (DVD/BD Players, Roku/Streaming Devices, etc) in addition to their Hopper, I would think turning off the Hopper, yet leaving the TV on for use with other components would probably be fairly common. ;)
Yep, that is the intent/design. OTOH, before I got Harmony remotes, I disabled CEC because often I desired the opposite....turn off TV but keep receiver on to listen to music through my AVR.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)