522/625 receiver issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdwatt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Jackson, OH
Has anyone been having trouble with DVR boxes lately? I've replaced probably close to a dozen in the last week. The biggest problem is that they keep resetting themselves. Some intermittently, others non-stop. Others have had bad hard drives. And then I had one today where the signal was over 100% on tuner 1, but tuner 2 was close to bottoming out around 45%, sometimes dropping out all together. I checked all the cable, replaced all the fittings, checked the ground, replaced the 1000.2 lnb....all with the same results in every case. So I know these problems are in the receivers. It just seems like a lot of boxes going bad all at once. What gives? Anyone having the same problem? :confused:

If I see where one tuner has kick ass signal, but the other is in the dirt, the FIRST place I start with is the LNB. The problem I've been finding is what you're describing -- but it's too intermittent. I'll show up and...OF COURSE!!...the system is working just fine. Just to save grace and face, I've been swapping out LNBs (can you tell I'm not a big fan of the recent batches of DP+ Twins????).

Unfortunately, in your case down in that end of the state, you're dealing with DP+ Triples. So it could be a variety of things.

Seasonal Service calls

This isn't exactly your answer, but...

For spring, the "default" check on a service call is to check for line of sight due to new leaves on trees. (Of course.)

Summer season's "default" check on a service call is to check the DPP Twin, if there is one.

I noticed a very high failure rate of DPP Twins at first high heat of summer.

Beginnings of failure of the DPP Twin often showed up when viewing lower transponders signal strength. Specifically, transponder 4 on satellite 119 was one of the first to go out. In St. Louis, that meant that if the customers were Cardinals fans or cooking fans, they watched what was coming from 119, transponder 4. Their complaints were the same. A check of low # transponders showed some very depressed or absent. (Some are always absent, though.)

Also, sometimes an LNB reset will fix similar issues.

Granted, this information was specifically derived from DPP Twins, but I don't imagine the "DPPlus" technology was changed for the 1000.2s, rather just re-packaged.

And, with resetting receivers, it's good to check the house wiring, and make sure it's not plugged into a Monster power product.

Highdef Jeff
Some tips and troubleshooting here:
Solid Signal

My 522 was rebooting constantly to the point where it wasn't calling into Dish to report that it was connected to a phone line. I callled and the person decided to send me a replacement receiver after I explained what was happening. Now, the replacement one is doing the exact same thing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts