522 and access card

ipex

Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
I have (2) 522's and (2) 322's on the way. Question is does either come with an access card or is either compatible with an access card?

ipex said:
I have (2) 522's and (2) 322's on the way. Question is does either come with an access card or is either compatible with an access card?

First of all, you may have bigger problems than worrying about access cards. You have the equivalent of 8 receivers. If DISH is sending you those, great. If you are buying them somewhere else, you may have a problem. DISH's limit is 6 receivers (each x22 receiver counts as 2) and they may not activate all of those. Furthermore, DISH has a limit of 2 dual-tuner receivers (you have 4) and a limit of one 522. Although, it is possible to get more activated, it will require more than a simple phone call to DISH.

Second, the x22's have the access card's built-in.

I worry about you saying "compatible with an access card". That's something a hacker would ask. A paying customer that has aquired the receivers via proper channels has nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your quick reply's chaddux, and SimpleSimon
C/P
Your DISH Network account number ***** is set up with the following items:
Plan: DHA:Direct:4 Room:522/322
Selected Package: America's 180 with HBO and Cinemax (with locals)

ipex said:
Thanks for your quick reply's chaddux, and SimpleSimon
Your DISH Network account number ***** is set up with the following items:
Plan: DHA:Direct:4 Room:522/322
Selected Package: America's 180 with HBO and Cinemax (with locals)

Ok. You have only one 522 and one 322. Not two of each. Each services two TVs so a 4-room setup only has 1 of each receiver.

What Chad said.

And forggetaboud any concerns about access cards. To be blunt, it's none of your (or our) business - it's part of the receiver's operation, and is E*'s concern.

SimpleSimon said:
What Chad said.

And forggetaboud any concerns about access cards. To be blunt, it's none of your (or our) business - it's part of the receiver's operation, and is E*'s concern.
SimpleSimon, it was only a question. Furthermore if it is in my house and i am paying for it then yes it is my business.

ipex said:
SimpleSimon, it was only a question. Furthermore if it is in my house and i am paying for it then yes it is my business.

You have one 322 and one 522. The access cards are built-in. They cannot be removed. They will do their thing. That should take care of this thread.

ipex said:
Sorry. While I DO agree with you at a philosophical level, the laws do not agree with us.

Most recently, the DMCA, but others prior to that also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)