522 and Caller ID

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fish2222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
I am having problems with the caller ID on my 522. It will not work at all. All my phone ID's work fine, but not the 522. I have dsl, but all the filters are in place. I just cant figure out why it works with my phones, but not the 522. I have a call into DiSH and they said that it is a known issue. Seems weird that some work and some dont though. Thanks for any help you can give.

Highwayman said:
try changing out the batteries in the caller ID box, It worked for me.

Lol! How exactly is he supposed to change the batteries on his 522? The 522 doesn't even have a "caller ID box." It's all in the software.

Edit: Highwayman, deleting your post doesn't make the quote go away. :)

Alrighty then. Anyone else? I figured someone had figured out a work around for this issue. I did notice the other day that the box the receiver came in said Refurbished on the side. Could it be that its not in tip-top shape and has an internal problem, causing the Caller ID to not work? Just a thought.

This is so obvious but I must ask just to ensure: you did turn on the Caller ID on the 522, correct?

I also have dsl with filters installed. If I enable caller id, it picks up the phone and cuts all incoming calls off!

chaddux said:
This is so obvious but I must ask just to ensure: you did turn on the Caller ID on the 522, correct?

Yes, its turned on. Ive turned it on and off, reset the box, all of that. The guy that installed it said that hes seen some work and some not work. Seems kind of glitchy to me.

I have dsl too. This is one of the things that never ever went wrong with my box. Out of all the things that did go wrong caller ID works 100% of the time and always did. A lot of times it pops up on the tv before the first ring even.

I too have DSL and have no problems. Can you use DISH Home features that require a call to DISH? If you can view your bill on the 522, I dont know. If you can't, you might have a faulty DSL filter, faulty jack, faulty phone line, faulty phone wiring, or any combination of the previous.

The caller ID on my 522 (two in less than a month) is sporadic at best. All the phones in my house will show my cell name and number, but the 522 will always show "Unavailable". And I know the phone jack is good because I installed it and two other caller-ID phones work just fine on it.

chaddux said:
I too have DSL and have no problems. Can you use DISH Home features that require a call to DISH? If you can view your bill on the 522, I dont know. If you can't, you might have a faulty DSL filter, faulty jack, faulty phone line, faulty phone wiring, or any combination of the previous.

Yes, the dish home stuff works just fine. I even pay my bill on it, so I know it works fine actually. When I go into the connection deal in the setup menu, it says connection passed. I think I am just going to have to wait till they get it fixed. Since they said it was a known issue with the 522's, I guess I just have to expect it not to work. It sucks to because our digital cable box worked great with the caller ID...

road_rascal said:
The caller ID on my 522 (two in less than a month) is sporadic at best. All the phones in my house will show my cell name and number, but the 522 will always show "Unavailable". And I know the phone jack is good because I installed it and two other caller-ID phones work just fine on it.

I have noticed the Unavailable as well. I guess ours works about 60% of the time correctly, the other times it shows Unavailable for the caller (even though the displays on our phones in the house show the correct name and number). Don't really know why the 522 has such a hard time with it 40% of the time...

--DD

Mines seems to wait until after the 2nd or 3rd ring. The caller ID on the phone always shows the info after the 1st ring. If the phone is picked up before the 522 displays it, then it doesn't seem to show at all - or maybe it's one of those times the 522's caller ID is just not working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)