522 and digital tuner input on TV

dtanderson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Can the 522 be hooked to the digital tuner input on a HDTV? I was thinking of getting an new LCD tv and the only outputs that the 522 has are coax and RCA. The LCD does not have RCA inputs but has a digital tuner and I was wondering it the digital tuner also tuned analog channels or if it only did digital.

Wait-a-minute. I thought both the 522 and 625 both have digital optical outputs.

I am talking about video. The 522 has coax, rca, and s-video out. The TV will have HDMI, component, and an input for an antenna for the HDTV tuner (no rca or s-video inputs). My question is will I be able to hook up the coax output from the 522 to the antenna input for the HDTV tuner (to be able to view Dish via channel 3/4 on the TV).

I was looking at the Westinghouse 32" (W3213 HD ).

Westinghouse has finally put the specs up for this TV and it shows more hookups than the Best Buy site shows:

QTY TYPE FORMATS SUPPORTED

1 HDMI + L/R Audio 480p, 720p, 1080i

1 VGA/D-Sub/RGB + Audio mini jack 480i/p, 720p, 1080i 1366 x 768

2 YPbPr Component Video+ L/R Audio 480i/p, 720p, 1080i

2 Video/S-Video + L/R Audio 480i

1 L/R Audio out, Switched, Variable Volume

1 SPDIF

According to Westinghouse site, it has S-Video and RCA connections but Best Buy site does not state that it does. So I will have not problem hooking up my 522 now and then hooking up a HD receiver later (when I decide to make the switch).

Thanks for the replies :)

Last edited: