522 - Can't record and watch anymore??

Too Many Secrets

Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
I couldn't find a thread on this problem after a quick search so forgive me if this has been asked/answered.

I used to be able to record one program and watch something else already recorded on the same TV at the same time. Now if a timer is set and I'm watching a recorded proggy, the timer comes up and will shut off the recorded prog to record the new one. This must have changed after the last software 'upgrade'. (These hackers must be from microsoft...) I mean I used to be able to record 2 programs at the same time and still watch another recorded program!!

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of a work around???

TIA

Hi Too Many Secrets,
check if your 522 is set to "Single Mode" - which sounds like it.
It can be found in: Menu/ 6/2 of I remember right - it should be set to "shared view.
Let me know if this helped:)

Thanks for all the help everyone! This is a great site.

As for the "single mode". I can't edit this. I go to the menu 6/2 from either TV and it's greyed out. So I don't know about this. Never seen it before.

I did the reboot though and it seemed to work on a manual record/watch (ie not a timer). I'm wondering if this (simple 'duh') fix was the problem (did I say duh).

I'll try to watch with a timer set up when I get a chance. I'll report back.

Thanks again!

{EDITED TO INCLUDE: I just did a timer record/watch and it worked fine. I guess it was just a glitch that was fixed with the reset. Still don't know about the Single Mode, but maybe I'll do a search as it doesn't seem to be causing the problem. Thanks again!}

SimpleSimon said:
You switch between single/dual mode by hitting the front-panel button, NOT by using the remote.
I read this at work and thought I lost my mind when matt mentioned menu options for single mode. I couldn't for the life of me remember that being in the menu.

My wife said something similar happened on our 522 (she asked questions when I got home and started checking out our 522 for a single mode menu) she said that the shared view was all screwed up on our too so that the coax output for tv2 was frozen on a channel when a recording occurred. She said all she did was press the mode button to make the receiver swtich to dual, then back to single and it straightened out.

I have never seen it on the 522, actually other than caller ID issues, my 522 works well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts