522 conflict resolution

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
I've set up a bunch of timers through the guide on my 522 (L232 software, in dual mode). I've set each timer to record either all episodes or new episodes, no Dish Pass timers. Problem is, I have two shows on at the same time on Sunday night, but no way to have one show record on tuner 1 and the other to record on tuner two. So, the show with the higher priority wins out, and the second show is skipped, even though one of the two tuners is available. Is there an automatic or manual way to use a different tuner to resolve conflicts, rather than just skipping one of the conflicting episodes?

I hope someone comes up with a better answer, but If the shows are on at the same time every week, I delete one of the timers and set it up from the other TV. For random conflicts, I go to the other TV and set up a manual timer. Not optimal to say the least, but at least it works.

Steve Costa

That sounds like an oversight on Dish's part. The 522 deals with those type of conflicts correctly in Single mode - using both tuners to record. But that's not a good solution for people who need Dual mode.

GunnerJoe said:
That sounds like an oversight on Dish's part. The 522 deals with those type of conflicts correctly in Single mode - using both tuners to record. But that's not a good solution for people who need Dual mode.

Wierd.... I put it in Single mode and the 522 automatically resolves the conflict by using both tuners. Put it back into dual mode, conflict comes back. Well, maybe I can put the 522 into single mode on Sunday nights ;)

Turn on Record Plus for TV2. Then if you make all your timers with TV1 the 522 will automatically resolve any conflicts for you.

With name-based recorded, conflict resolution is limited to one tuner at a time, when in dual mode. The only workaround at this time is to delete the timer and recreate it If Record Plus is enabled, the idle tuner will be used. If a conflict on that tuner comes up later, you'll need to do it again.

This is one of the biggest problems with V232.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts