522 DVR problems

Hi Ho

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I have a DP Plus installation. I have had a 722 DVR for over six months and it has been completely trouble free. I had a 522 DVR installed upstairs on June 12. It worked fine until last Friday, the 20th. I went to turn it on and it simply said "Acquiring satellite signal". I did the check switch test and it returned an error (530). I got no signal strength at all. I called Dish and they said they'd send a new DVR.

I got the DVR today and it does exactly the same thing! I was on the phone for an hour troubleshooting this with a Dish representative. I took the separator off of my 722 and put it on the 522 and it didn't work. I checked the wiring from the dish to the upstairs room and it is working 100%. The only thing left is the LNB. What would cause an LNB to die? Why would my 722 DVR still be working fine? Any ideas? A technician is coming out on Friday.

You could try switching the outputs from the dish and see if your 522 starts getting a signal. If you have a bad connection or the port on the LNB is bad then your problem should be reversed.

The technician came a day early because he was in the neighborhood. It did turn out to be the LNB but it really didn't make any sense. He did swap the outputs on the LNB and it didn't affect anything. I ran a new line, tried another DVR, installed a new separator, and nothing worked. He swapped the LNB and it works fine now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)