522 Firmware L1.65

Just released today...

Hope it fixes the problem mine has been having the past two days where it is dead in the morning and I have to reboot it..!

Anybody know how to initiate the download?

cheezwiz said:
Hope it fixes the problem mine has been having the past two days where it is dead in the morning and I have to reboot it..!

Anybody know how to initiate the download?
You can't... Just be patient and we'll get it within a week or so. The best you can do is turn your receivers "off" each night. Do NOT unplug them, just power them off with the remotes (both tuners !!). This puts the receiver in "standby" mode and it can take updates in this mode.

People tried all sorts of "tricks" to force an update with no luck. The instructions at the Dish page is WRONG for the 522. In fact, it's the same instructions for a whole bunch of different receivers.

Someone did mention tuning to a certain channel and that that "forces" the update. No one knew, or would say, what channel that was though.

When DISH sends the upgrade to your receiver you will get it, nothing you can do will get it there any faster. Besides with DISH'S history you may have more problems, right now a daily power button reboot seems to keep it operational.

As I said above, you cannot *force* the update (regardless of the instructions they have posted might suggest, beside the fact that they're wrong) for the 522.

Complicated and impossible installs of 322/522's

need a quick answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)