522- how many in searc history?

Slyster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
522- how many in guide search history?

How many searches does the 522 remember using the "history" function?... I think I may have just found that the limit could be somewhere around 32 and oh no... it might really be the limit?? I sure hope not. I search more shows and topics than that... :( Anyone know the facts?

No one knows eh? Guess I am treading in uncharted waters! I will let you know when I figure it out.

I think it really might be 32 saved in the 522's search history after experimenting...!

I can't believe I am the first one to notice this. Crazy. Don't many of you have tons of key words you search like me?

I sure wish it help at least 100... I search so many words.. many are obscure words like "igneous" and "sedimentary" and "outboard" and "boat" and "apollo" etc...

A history of 32 is WAY too small.. and kindof sad in this day or cheap 100's of megabytes of RAM and huge hard drives etc... :(

Hey at least you're not limited to 64 timers like those of us with E*'s "top of the line" be-all, end-all, flagship 921 are stuck with. :mad:

Is it because the frelling @$$#0le$ can't figure out how to make a table larger than 64, or because "no one could want more than that", and you vill take vat ve give you and like it!

Slyster my old friend, like I told you in your other thread that time, I still don't think you use your 522 efficiently. You want to search over a hundred search string EVERY DAY??? Insanity!

You understand that the guide and schedule changes EVERY DAY, no? For example, today the guide doesn't give show information for Dukes of Hazzard program on CMT just two days away, just the general information "The Duke boys fight corrupt Boss in Hazzard." But maybe when tomorrow's guide updates, there will be specific episode information, guest star, name of episode, year, and more. This happens all the time with the guide and MANY MANY programs. So to keep searching everyday for what you like is too much hard work for you.

You are very, very lucky. Why? Because you have a 522. Even with all the bad points about the 522, it is the only model yet with the NBR and Dish Pass. I don't tell you what to do, just making a suggestion. Pick the words and things that are important to you and make Dish Passes. Forget searching all the time for your programs. Let the NBR and Passes do all the work for you. Even if you try very hard searching by hand, you will still miss programs because no one can do all that searching everyday, sometimes you'll miss. But the Dish Passes never miss! If it's in the guide the Dish Pass will catch it for you.

SimpleSimon, that sucks for you, sorry. But don't think we've got it that good with the 522. Many, many times I get "sorry you cannot make any more timers" message on my daily schedule screen. We have limits too, higher than 64, but still with limits.

Thanks Beer.. I will give NBR a serious look. :) And I don't search these strings daily.. just every 9 days (since that is how far the guide extends into the future.)

I did it! Around 10 or so of my common searches are now in DISH PASS.. that saves some history spaces... as well as my time... thx Beer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)