522 Install Question Diplexer or Seperator?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

deben2859

Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
New to forum. Long time Dish Customer. I have 5 televisions
1 508
2 301
1 625 (dual tuner)

I am replacing the 301 REceivers with a 522. The last installer that came out to add the 5th tv (625 installed) did the following

Added Dish Pro LNB. Installed to SW34's connected together. My plan is to disconnect 1 of the 301's and use existing line adding diplexer at the receiver and then connecting to sat1 and sat2 on the receiver. I would then run a second rg6 cable from this receiver to the other location and replace the other 301. My question is do I use a diplexer and seperator at the first receiver I am replacing? I am thinking diplexer as I am not Dish Pro Plus on the LNB or Switch so I have to use Diplexer?

Diplexers have nothing to do with this and seperaters do not work a 34 sw
You need to run 2 cables from a 34sw to any duel tuner rec. and run a cable to the 301 from the 34sw

I am getting rid of the 301's completely. I have seen from other docs out there that diplexers are used heavily now by installers so that you do not have to run 3 cables to the receiver (1 each for sat 1 and 2 and then 1 cable that runs to the other tv). I was wondering by using the diplexer I could have 1 cable off of the sw34 to the diplexer and to sat1 sat2 on the receiver. I am pretty sure on this part but I am wondering is it a diplexer or seperator.

I don't think I understand you correctly but here it goes:

For the 522 you need two cable runs from the DP34. You can't use separators with a DP34. Yes, you could diplex the TV2 output from the 522 to the other TV. So it would go like this:

522 Sat 1 DP34
522 TV2 and Sat 2 to diplexer == Single cable == diplexer == TV2 and DP34.

you cannot run 5 tvs with a dp34

you won't be able to run you 5 tvs with a dp 34 alone. if you want to run 5 tvs, you need a dp quad and a dp 34, or a dp twin and two dp34 switches. A easier way to run the five tvs with less line, would be to buy a dp plus 44 switch. WIth a dp 44 you can run a max of 4 receivers, dual tuner or single tuner. So this means you can run between 4 to 8 tvs. Plus the dp plus 44 switch is compatiable with your dp Lnb. With the 44 switch you only need one line to the dual tuner, this is when you would use the seperator. Another good thing about the 44 switch is that you can bring in two more orbial locations such as the 61.5 for international and hd or the 129 for hd.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)