522 install with existing 721 and 301 questions...

temesgen

Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
I own a 721 and want to add a second DVR with dual tuner capability. Dish has the 522 promotions right now and since I am moving next month the $99.00 install is not an issue for me. My question is it possible to have both the 522 and 721 installed into my new house with a DPP44 switch to avoid running 2 sets of wires to both receivers? And if so exactly how would I do this? I am assuming that when Dish comes to install the 522 they will not have a DPP44 switch but if I buy one they should have an LNBF that can work with this set up.

Can someone advise me if the DPP44 is the best way to do this and also what LNBF should be used?

I realize that I will need to by separators to split the signal at the receivers but can someone tell me if this set up would work? Assuming this configuration is the way to go, the only other upgrade I can envision in the next 24 months is the possible installation of a 301 receiver in a spare bedroom.

If there is a way to put together a configuration which would run 2 dual tuner DVRs and a 301 receiver please let me know. I would prefer to not buy equipment that is only going to solve my problems for a year if I can spend a little more and get a set up that works for everything I might do down the road.

Thanks

Welcome aboard!

If you weren't needing the third box, a DPP Twin LNBF with a pair of separators would be the aces way to go - at least once the 721 supports it.

I just set up a 522/322 using a DPP Twin and a couple of DPP Separators. It was our first DPP Twin install. Everything fired up just fine.

Anyway, a DPP44 will work with any DP LNBFs. Also, when you do the 522 upgrade, Dish will provide the necessary upgrade parts.

for 100.00 they will pay for the DPP44? if this is correct, I don't see what all the complaining is about... The DPP44 is 200.00 a new LNBF will be about 100.00 so if this is correct I can get 300.00 in installation equiptment... that is more than fair. Can someone confirm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts