522 is pi$$ing me off!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jowens

Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I have the DISH with an 811, 522 and 301. I've been a customer for about a month. I had a timer sent to record survivor tonight and it didn't launch. Two previous times I have had it set to record a show when I was away for a weekend. I came home and it had recorded 40+ hours of the Food Network! Does anyone else have these problems? 90% of the time it works fine. It is really annoying when it messes up --- I had a TIVO before I got the DISH DVR and the TIVO didn't have these problems!

unfortunately the 522 has quite a few bugs right now, but they will be fixed. stay alert on these forums and i'm sure you'll see features being added and bugs fixed on the 522. it seems that a new software update is coming out about once a month right now for the receiver. it has a lot of potential so just wait in there.

Try resetting the receiver once a week by holding the power button for about 5 seconds. I am a DISH and Directv retailler and I agree the 522 & 322 are pieces of "JUNK" they have so much potential it is a shame DISH hasn't been able to get them working since introduction in November 2003. In 5 months they are still full of bugs.

boba said:
Try resetting the receiver once a week by holding the power button for about 5 seconds. I am a DISH and Directv retailler and I agree the 522 & 322 are pieces of "JUNK" they have so much potential it is a shame DISH hasn't been able to get them working since introduction in November 2003. In 5 months they are still full of bugs.
I agree. Like so many things in the computer world (and these receivers are all computers - some even run Linux), the software quality is horribly poor.

IMHO, this is due to (mis)management, and is not limited to Echostar - just look at all the PC bugs. :no

jowens said:
I have the DISH with an 811, 522 and 301. I've been a customer for about a month. I had a timer sent to record survivor tonight and it didn't launch. Two previous times I have had it set to record a show when I was away for a weekend. I came home and it had recorded 40+ hours of the Food Network! Does anyone else have these problems? 90% of the time it works fine. It is really annoying when it messes up --- I had a TIVO before I got the DISH DVR and the TIVO didn't have these problems!

We have those type of recording problems with a 522 when we get bad signal quality. Hoping that moving the dish from where the installer initially located it(behind some trees) will fix this issue. This is happening on April 8th. We'll see.

We've found that turning the receiver off at night and doing a hard boot once a week or so seems to cure some of the 'bugginess' issues. A 522 seems just like a PC with memory issues.

On the bugginess of 522's. I'm not sure if they are becoming less buggy or if I'm finally learning a lot of workarounds for the bugs they have. We'll see after April 8th when the installer hopefully get's it right.

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)