522 Issues...

sray2k

Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Ohio
**EDIT**
I finally called Tech support as before, my wife was the one who called. We went thru some steps as we reset the receiver a few times and downloaded the Program Guide, etc... She couldn't figure it out...as low level tech support. As she transferred me to a higher level of tech support, who confirmed my problem and we were able to get the $50 tech fee waived and they will be here this Friday between noon and 5 pm to fix our problem.
As the low level tech and I are suspecting, it seems like to be the check switch to be the culprit, however, we will see this fri.

Hello...
I have been on these forums for last several years, but for some reason never registered til today.

I am currently having issues with our 522. Started last week, we only get signal on only 1 of the dual inputs. TV1 Down in Living Room and TV2 in our bedroom. We can watch DVR in our room but not normal TV.

Before anything else, we were contracted with Dish thru AT&T when we subscribed, Dish said that they would have to send out a tech for $50 ! I don't have the $50, and I am not an idiot when it comes to technical stuff. So, as I read these forums, a lot of you say to swap the cables on back of receiver and see if the problem continues.

Now...I was wondering, where would the check switch be ? Dish said that it could be Check Switch problem. I got on the roof today and I did not see it near the dish itself. I know there is a seperator on back of receiver.

Does anyone have any suggestions ? I would like for them to send out an another 522, but they are gung-ho about sending out an tech.

I am awaiting the arrival of UVerse. too bad it's gonna be a little while ! :(

Thanks fellas !!

Scott

Last edited:
You probably have a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB the switch is built into the LNB. Have you tried purchasing DHPP from DISH it is only $5.99/mo. and reduces service call to $29.99 and can be cancelled after problem is cured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)