522 Keeps locking up!

cheezwiz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2004
Twice today while watching recorded events, the 522 has dropped back to live TV and no buttons will perform their function. It does see the input as it displays the channel header and live TV box. The only way to get it going is with a 5 second power button hard-reset. :mad:

Any one else?

cheezwiz said:
Twice today while watching recorded events, the 522 has dropped back to live TV and no buttons will perform their function. It does see the input as it displays the channel header and live TV box. The only way to get it going is with a 5 second power button hard-reset. :mad:

Any one else?

Yes, I have had this happen frequently. In my case, I noted it often happened when I asked "on-demand recording" to record and save a program from the start after I have watched it a while.

I fast backwards to beginning, press play and then record to get all the program, and then in some instances after 40 minutes or so into the program, the recording stops towards the end of the program, doesn't save the recording, and there is no part of the program in the auto recording cue.

All this happens without my changing channels or pressing any buttons. After it drops back to live TV, record or other buttons don't seem to work. This often happens to me at the end of long programs.

I think the software tells to record function to stop recording based on program length, but this should not happen when I have specifically turned an "auto recording" function into "on-demand recording" and of course I don't like the remote lock up.

I intend to "protect" these "on-demand recording requests" to see it the "protect" feature will prevent loss of what I have recorded so far.

I wish DISH software engineers could solve problems instead of creating them. Under l162 my 522 is dropping channels from the Guide. I was watching Spike ch 168 I went to guide looking for different programming and the guide started with ch 166. 168 was no longer in the guide 174 was the next channel up. When I pushed view I was on channel "0" but the programming was coming from Spike. The lockup problem has been in at least the last three revisions that they have released.

4/29/04 opened the showroom this morning my 522 demo had black screens on both tuners would not respond to either remote. Power button reset restored programming and functionallity, terrible way to demonstrate products( but it is a terrible product).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts