522: moved to Kids Line, do I have tell them the No# changed

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
522 DHA Question:

Moved the 522 to our 2nd phone line.

It is not the Home Phone number listed on the account.

Do they need to tell Dish to avoid the $5 extra charge?

I assume there doing caller ID on the 1-800 call in number.

I would tell them just to be safe so you don't get a $5 supprise at the end of every month. I believe there system uses a caller ID to verify your receiver is in your house.

Just to clarify it's NOT caller ID, it's ANI.

If the phone number is not the number on your account you WILL be charged the $4.99 fee.

If the number is not on his account would they not deactivate it assuming that he is sharing his account. (ie. 522 is at another location like a friend or another family members house)

I had a 522 receiver running for 9 months from a different phone number than the one Dish had without any problems.

bimmerbenz

got Two receviers (4 turners) on DHA so both reveivers will show the same number, so they should not think there is any sharing I assume?

E* is probably not capable of dealing with multiple phone numbers per account. :mad:

I suggest that you do a little SIMPLE phone re-wiring to get the main number to the kid's room as line 2 - then use a standard 1,2 phone splitter to hook up the receiver.

No, just call dish and give them the other number, as long as both numbers are on your account, you can have the receiver's plugged into either phone line...

ANI=Automatic Number Identification

It's like CallerID, except it's a different technology. Always used for 800-numbers, and it can NOT be blocked.

Dish called today as part of there QUality new customer call back.

I asked if they showed if they dialed in correctly so I would not be charge $5 extra per revceiver, they said everything was fine.

I never gave them the new number.

I wonder if there software is smart enought to read the caller ID as it would say the right last name.

QUESTION. Does ANI do number and the full name also? Is this why there was not problem? Or should I still call and change the number.

Im one of those that worries I guess.

Had my receivers hooked up to two different lines and I got a call from the Dishnetwork department that makes sure your receivers are all in the same house, that is after they turned off all of my receivers except one. They will eventually get to you if you don't clear it with them. This department does nothing but audit Dish accounts and they said that if two different receivers call from two different phone lines this triggers an audit. It is a red flag that says your receivers are not hooked up at the same house . YOu then have to call back all the smart card #s, receiver #s and location ids ,etc, to prove that all your receivers are in the same location. You also can get an audit if you have more than 4 receivers on your account and they aren't hooked up to the same phone line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)