522 not auto updating software

road_rascal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
South Metro, Twin Cities MN
My (second) 522 still has the old 2.35 software on it. I wouldn't have known it until it started acting goofy again and I called Dish two days ago to complain about it (recorded shows have audio drops/skips every 10 seconds and video has absolutely horrible compression artifacts/ blocks/garbage/etc). The Dish tech informs me that my 522 needs the 2.36 software to correct the problem. This guy states that I need to turn off BOTH tuners for the update to occur (never mind the fact that I have the auto update feature turned on for 3AM). This morning (second day in a row), it still hasn't updated. So, what's everyones take on this problem? Do I have another defective DVR?

Well, according to the "tech" I spoke to, 2.35 should be considered obsolete, that 2.36 will magically solve all my problems, and that turning off both tuners will in fact make sure the current software is up to date in the box every night at 3AM. Surely these guys aren't reading from flashcards... :rolleyes:

2.35 is still out there. My receiver is off every night on both tuners and I've not seen the update. Sometimes that isn't always bad. 2.35 hasn't been that bad for me.

As long as it is still a current version, you are not necessarily going to receive an update. Forget what a CSR told you because they don't normally know anything more than the script on their screen. DISH releases software updates to blocks of receivers. Depending on which block you are in, L2.35 may be YOUR current version. Until the software is released to YOUR SPECIFIC RECEIVER, NOTHING will force an update. Once a version is no longer listed as a current release, all remaining receivers should then receive the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)