522 not on dish site?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

j5races

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Anyone notice that the 522 is no longer listed on dish's site? Has it been replaced by the 625. Also of note is that the 625 doesn't even mention the VOD or whatever they are calling the service yet. Is that feature working yet?

This may have been noted before, i just noticed that the 522 is now the 625 on dish's site.

Jon

The 522 is only available to Dish-N-it-Up customers, and SBC customers. The 625 is abailable to all Non SBC customers on DHA now. Oh and you can buy one

I also noticed the $4.99-per-movie VOD is not mentioned in the 625's description on their site, nor on the PDF sheet about it.

The ONLY place I've ever seen anything about how much the VOD will cost, or how it will work, is here (and the other place), and nothing "official" except the original press release which says nothing about pricing or implementation.

So I think everything is just speculation until they actually tell us the costs and what the content will be. So don't take as gospel that somebody said it's going to be $4.99 to watch a VOD movie and it will expire after 2 days.

If E* is reading this forum, they do already know that savvy users won't tolerate the cost of viewing "VOD" being higher than the existing PPV.

What gets me is that with PPV, I can record it, and basically keep it forever... So, I buy a pay-per-view at 4am on thursday. It's ready 'on demand' whenever I want it on friday night.

I would assume the 522 is being discontinued, given the similarities between the 625 and 522. It's just a guess... if you get a chance to compare a 522 and a 625, you can almost see the white-out over the '522' before a '625' was written over it. :)

Dish Movies On Demand

It is now called Movies on Demand and launched yesterday 5-28-05. U can download a movie on the spot for $4.99 and keep it for 24 hours, then it's automatically erased. U can't save it on ur DVR. Good deal ?? That sounds worse than blockbuster.

The 522 is available for purchase through retailers. I think it goes for $299. And some new retail accounts can still get a Retail DHA with a 522 untill the stock runs out.

Had my 522 replaced twice. I wouldn't want to buy one. :(
once for fried hard drive, once because it wouldn't lock on to Sat signal.

What movies are available in the lineup of Dish On Demand movies that download?

Can someone say what movies are available on their 625 as of today?

They still list it under equipment lease options though and I called just to see what one CSR would say (we all know that changes with each call) and they said "sure you can lease one, but oh wait, you already have one on your account, we can't lease one to you"

yeah, I own one ($125 on ebay), not lease one. Never heard of that restriction. Oh well, it was just for checking anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)