Getting angry! Anyone else get the runaround?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

octpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2005
I originally scheduled my install for 6/11. However, I called Dish back on Tuesday, spoke to a CSR and asked if they did "Sunday" installs. She said yes, and I asked if I could push the install up to Sunday 6/5. "Sure NO problem we have that date open." Fine... we went through the motions and all should have been well.

I call today to confirm the appt and apprently they still have me scheduled for 6/11 and have NO record of my previous call!!! Now the soonest they can take me is Tuesday 6/7 8-12.

I'm taking a day off work for this! If they don't show or cancel then good by to Dish.

Good way to loose a future long term customer. :yes

Sorry.. just needed to vent.

What kind of system did you order? You may be able to get installed sooner by a retailer, depending on what type of equipment you are getting.

Yea, Dish messed up my install, too. They had me scheduled, and I called them the day before just to make sure everything was ok, and they said the CSR that took my order messed up and never actually got anyone scheduled to do the install. In my case, they were able to get someone to come out on the right day, I just got bumped from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm to 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm (actually, they didn't arrive until about 7:30 pm, and then didn't have the one of the right parts and had to come back the next day to finish the install, but they went the extra mile making sure that my installation was as good as possible, so I can't really complain too much about that stuff.)

Tech27 said:
What kind of system did you order? You may be able to get installed sooner by a retailer, depending on what type of equipment you are getting.

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. I ordered 2 811's, signed up for the Top 120, HD Pak, Locals + VOOM. I'm not sure what 2 Dishes I'll be receiving though. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks.

octpro said:
I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. I ordered 2 811's, signed up for the Top 120, HD Pak, Locals + VOOM. I'm not sure what 2 Dishes I'll be receiving though. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks.
In Pittsburg you must have at least 1 local DEALER why are you calling DISH? If you wanted to buy a Chevrolet Corvette would you call Detroit or would you go to the local Chevrolet Dealer? :)

I tried going through a local dealer myself, but the person there knew nothing about what he was selling. I didn't want to get mixed up with an incompetent outfit (they said they couldn't even get me a 942 receiver.. in fact he had never heard of one. He hadn't even heard of the 921.), so I ordered from Dish directly. I must say, the people Dish sent out to do my install were very professional and did a great job. By the way, that local Dish store went out of business a few weeks after I ordered Dish Network.

boba said:
In Pittsburg you must have at least 1 local DEALER why are you calling DISH? If you wanted to buy a Chevrolet Corvette would you call Detroit or would you go to the local Chevrolet Dealer? :)

Good point, but I'll agree with what seandudley said.

boba said:

That's funny! But for a Vette, you'd be calling - Bowling Green, KY :)

I had my install yesterday. It was scheduled for between 8:00 AM. & 12 noon. The tech showed up at about 8:20 AM. He was very professional and did a terrific job. About an hour before he finished up, a quality control tech showed up and checked the completed work, taking photos of same. I ordered directly from Dish via the Dish website, and they did the install. So far my experience dealing with Dish directly has been a positive one.

octpro said:
I originally scheduled my install for 6/11. However, I called Dish back on Tuesday, spoke to a CSR and asked if they did "Sunday" installs. She said yes, and I asked if I could push the install up to Sunday 6/5. "Sure NO problem we have that date open." Fine... we went through the motions and all should have been well.

I call today to confirm the appt and apprently they still have me scheduled for 6/11 and have NO record of my previous call!!! Now the soonest they can take me is Tuesday 6/7 8-12.

I'm taking a day off work for this! If they don't show or cancel then good by to Dish.

Good way to loose a future long term customer. :yes

Sorry.. just needed to vent.
All I can say is welcome to Dish Network.:)

lee espinoza said:
All I can say is welcome to Dish Network.:)

I'm sure I'll be very happy once I get things sorted. Looking forward to MONSTERS HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)