522 now at L2.35

lol....

L2.35 fixes Daylight Saving Time issues with the EPG and Timers.

The receiver everyone loves to hate, got another fix that dish DVR people cringe

Mine got 235 yesterday, and I haven't noticed any changes at all. Must be the Daylight Savings Time fixes. Man, why can't Dish give us release notes that documents what they're doing?

Thanks for the link Phat!
Just curious... where does Mark get his info from? Seems like if it were E* they'd let Scott know too....

My L2.35N update arrived yesterday. Having just swapped out a 522 with a severe audio lag problem, I was happy until this update. Now, I've got a lag again, less than before, but more than yesterday. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

supereal said:
My L2.35N update arrived yesterday. Having just swapped out a 522 with a severe audio lag problem, I was happy until this update. Now, I've got a lag again, less than before, but more than yesterday. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

You know, I've found that those problems come and go so much that a lot of people say things get better with any iven update while a lot of others say the opposite. My guess is that it always stays the same.

I have noticed an improvement with the DVR functionality in that there is not a noticable audio/video lag nor any delays on my 522. It seems like a good improvement for the 522.

Stargazer said:
I have noticed an improvement with the DVR functionality in that there is not a noticable audio/video lag nor any delays on my 522. It seems like a good improvement for the 522.

LMAO.

Sapient said:
a lot of people say things get better with any given update while a lot of others say the opposite. My guess is that it always stays the same.

And Bingo was his name-o.

I'm not sure what day I got "upgraded" to 2.35, but my Caller ID hasn't showed up since April 1 and I've received at least a dozen calls over the weekend. Anyone else notice their Caller ID not working any more?

Bizzach said:
Thanks for the link Phat!
Just curious... where does Mark get his info from? Seems like if it were E* they'd let Scott know too....

I believe Mark is [one of] the developer on the 9**'s.

The only thing I noticed with the software update is that nothing appeared in my schedule even though all of my timers were still there. After a reboot the timers started coming back.
Still getting audio drops followed by pixelization. If I skip back and replay the same segment it plays fine so there is nothing wrong with the recording, just the same old playback problems they keep promising to fix.

My 522 was installed in mid January, and swapped out a week ago. Neither unit would display caller ID. The diagnostic screen shows how many called IDs were tried, and how many worked. In my case, none worked. I'm using S video output, and I understand that caller ID doesn't display there, or thru the RCA plugs, so it doesn't show up if recording. I haven't tried the RF output to see if it is there. The phone line has been checked, along with the modem, and it is enabled. Still, no CID. Oh, well.

supereal said:
I'm using S video output, and I understand that caller ID doesn't display there, or thru the RCA plugs, so it doesn't show up if recording.

That's a lie my friend! Don't let anyone from E* or the install company tell you that. Page 75 and 76 of 522 manual have clear caller ID instruction and NOTHING about not working with the S-Video. I use my 522 with S-Video and the caller ID DOES work (sometimes) with S-Video. They are lying to you because since 522 came out to the public many people have had caller ID problem and E* does not know how to fix it. Sorry.

Ever since the upgrade I am no longer able to login on my 522 to the linux OS on some user accounts. Moreover on the ones that work, vi occasionally will not run in full screen mode and the Oracle database that I use to support my auto parts business customers will not expand to more than 100 drives.

I wish they had left well enough alone as I was planning to buy additional 522s to expand my business to support an additional 10,000 customers. :D :D :D

JohnP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)