522 on Ebay, Just emailed CEO

trcrumb

Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
Wish I would have found this forum earlier.
I just got my 522 yesterday from an Ebay purchase. I was really surprised when I called dish & found out that they are not for sale!
Anyway, after reading this forum, I emailed the ceo as was noted in multiple postings here. I hope I am not to late :eek:

Anyone else in my boat?

Dish 522's are now available for sale to consumers, and have been for over a month now. Call Dish back and speak to another CSR. If they tell you the same thing ask for their trainer / supervisor, also make note of the operators ID number.

I work for a Dish dealer as a manager and we had a new 322 sitting on the shelf that we bought from Dow and ended up not using.

Brought it home and called dish to activate. No way shape or form would they activate because "It wasnt a retail unit" even though we bought it.
The only way it could be activated is with a new account so back on the shelf it went and I brought home a 311.
Three freakin days later Dish took the 322 and the 522 off retail only.
I swear one hand doesnt know what the other hand is doing at that place.
You can ask 3 diffrent CSR's the same question and get 3 diffrent answers. :mad:

Dish Network has the CSR's so confused that they dont even know what they are doing particularly with these leased dual tuner with dual tv output units such as the 322 and 522.

So true... You call 3 different people and get 3 different answers.
Get 522 from Ebay and first Dish CSR won`t even talk to you. Second will be hugely confused. The third will activate 522 no problem :D What a company....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts